PDA

View Full Version : the EZ-Two.

Dino
06-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi guys.
Time for the ez-Two.
A smaller ez-one that we can use it as a
a. cross-cutter ( Capacity)?
16"? cross cut capacity is not possible with a $1200.00 SMCS.

b. making small stuff. ( bird houses, tiles, arts and craft...etc)
here we have to think about ripping capacity.
Smaller possible but good for the above jobs.

c. Miter cuts. ez Loading with a single bridge.

d. EZ Crown molding cutter.
this one is my outlet to relax when I get very upset.

I think, I have the crown cutter under the ez randar but is nice to
combine all the above before we combine the crown cutter.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I will open the ez container tomorrow and look over few prototypes,
your suggestions, ideas and have it ready before 2012.:cool:

Burt
06-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Dino,

You've commented a number of times about my cross cutter. If I recall correctly, the basic table is about 15" wide. I extended the mount for the bridge so it could cut up to a little over 24". As long as the main table supports a little more than half the width of the board, all is well.

Burt

Glenn
06-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Dino, as in your item b. (small things/ arts and crafts) is the only thing I still use the table saw for (also bandsaw). Everything I cut is clamped to an Incra Miter Express http://www.incra.com/product_miter_express.htm. I also have a 10 inch sliding miter saw I would be willing to part with if you find a small parts/crosscut EZ One solution. Also, precise tilt control of the saw blade would be required unless we concede the point and always finish with the proper angled router bit. I am looking forward to your solution.

Dino
06-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Dino, as in your item b. (small things/ arts and crafts) is the only thing I still use the table saw for (also bandsaw). Everything I cut is clamped to an Incra Miter Express http://www.incra.com/product_miter_express.htm. I also have a 10 inch sliding miter saw I would be willing to part with if you find a small parts/crosscut EZ One solution. Also, precise tilt control of the saw blade would be required unless we concede the point and always finish with the proper angled router bit. I am looking forward to your solution.

Glenn, the solution must include all ez-one limitations.
first one is cuts that we dont want to reset the bridge for bevel and
compound cuts. The other one is what we use the miter saws for and increash the capacity and versatility. what I'm after is a small tool ( VS ez-one)
that can easily do all the cuts that a miter saw and a scms can do and even more. Much more with the ability to extend the capacity at will.

tx

Eastwood Mike
06-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi guys.
Time for the ez-Two.
A smaller ez-one that we can use it as a
a. cross-cutter ( Capacity)?
16"? cross cut capacity is not possible with a $1200.00 SMCS.

b. making small stuff. ( bird houses, tiles, arts and craft...etc)
here we have to think about ripping capacity.
Smaller possible but good for the above jobs.

c. Miter cuts. ez Loading with a single bridge.

d. EZ Crown molding cutter.
this one is my outlet to relax when I get very upset.

I think, I have the crown cutter under the ez randar but is nice to
combine all the above before we combine the crown cutter.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I will open the ez container tomorrow and look over few prototypes,
your suggestions, ideas and have it ready before 2012.:cool:

I feel this will be a neat solution for weekend home hobbiests who don't require the full capacity of a panel saw but do require or wish for capacity that only a 10" Benchtop saw currently offers. More in line with the old line of Triton Workcentres.- But Better. Space will also be more efficient for storage! If it had foldable legs or could be mounted upon a B&D workmate that would be pretty cool. Easily done I imagine.

In the past I toyed with the idea of mounting a smaller PBB to a B&D workmate leg assembly, using a B100 that could be height adjusted with a Paddle type cam-clap and Some Compression or tension spring arrangement. Never could find the time though.

This would give me the features you described above, but with easy portability, storage on a wall or cupboard, and a stable leg frame. THe EZ-One would be too wide for this idea.

Dino
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
mike, many people think that the small tools are easy to use.
the truth is that small tools require more attention due to limited material support.
the bridge is a clamp and track the same time.

The triton was - is a very innovative product line.
I wished they can make saws for us but no luck getting the message to them and I tried.
see if you can talk to them?;)

Randal Stevenson
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
A mini crosscutter, with your digital miter attachment on your miter square, and all you would really have to figure out is bevels. Your old SPB that rose up, if you have the risers graduated, maybe the table itself could bevel and use stops/clamps to hold the piece.

Between this and the Ripsizer, you might eliminate a lot of people starting out, from going the EZ one method (smaller tools).

Dino
06-06-2011, 12:31 AM
A mini crosscutter, with your digital miter attachment on your miter square, and all you would really have to figure out is bevels. Your old SPB that rose up, if you have the risers graduated, maybe the table itself could bevel and use stops/clamps to hold the piece.

Between this and the Ripsizer, you might eliminate a lot of people starting out, from going the EZ one method (smaller tools).

The ez-one is the tool of many tools and I see it as a PRO-TOOL.
after 20 years is going to be the center of all shops. ;)
cutting any other way is simply not EZ.

Yes, the goal is to make it affordable, compact, portable and
affordable, safe and affordable????.

if the ez-2 eliminates the need for a 12" SMCS and offers more versatility, capacity and the safety of the DWC...that is going to make woodworking better.

I just need to get upset few more times...:eek:

Eastwood Mike
06-07-2011, 07:06 AM
mike, many people think that the small tools are easy to use.
the truth is that small tools require more attention due to limited material support.

And some people (like me at least) know that compromise but only have a small space to work in :o(not a shop but a shed) and limited funds for tools...:(

the bridge is a clamp and track the same time.

Which is cool.

The triton was - is a very innovative product line.
I wished they can make saws for us but no luck getting the message to them and I tried.
see if you can talk to them?;)

I wish we could still get the old Triton line too. I really wanted their 15" planer/thicknesser/moulder. I believe Triton is UK based now? Maybe a UK user knows?