PDA

View Full Version : are you stupid? a better ez slogan????

Dino
07-23-2011, 02:08 PM
honey...I need 25K for tools and the garage to start your list.:(

love...Are you stupid?
Go EZ.

long but funny?

roy_okc
07-23-2011, 03:45 PM

love...Are you stupid?
Go EZ.

long but funny?

Dino,

How about replacing the word 'stupid' with something a bit toned down? 'Crazy' perhaps? It can give the same meaning but doesn't carry the same negativity. People get in fights over calling someone/being called 'stupid.'

love...Are you crazy?
Go EZ.

Now that you know ... crazy if you don't.

toollovingschultz
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Dino,

How about replacing the word 'stupid' with something a bit toned down? 'Crazy' perhaps? It can give the same meaning but doesn't carry the same negativity. People get in fights over calling someone/being called 'stupid.'

love...Are you crazy?
Go EZ.

Now that you know ... crazy if you don't.

Roy i like it. follow with ez smart saving woodworkers fingers since 2000? The problem you have is people in differen't parts of the country and the world are offended by different tnings where Dino is calling something stupid it may just be a figure of speach to him to others it is offensive. That is why many southerners think northerners are rude and many northerners think southerners don't always say what they mean. I knew a guy who moved to a certain area of west virginia and when someone asked you to stay for dinner it meant it was time to leave culture is hard to figure how do you offend the least people and still get your point across?
Andy

Dino
07-23-2011, 04:03 PM
ok guys. we can go midway? :rolleyes:
Love, are you Lazy, crazy or stupid? :rolleyes:

Philphoto
07-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Crazy is something I have heard from many a spouse.

Ever listen to a woman comedian? Men! Always taking the hard (crazy, nuts, stupid, or any other derogatory word)

Crazy is fine with me.

phil

Dino
07-23-2011, 05:58 PM
crazy ez-it.
Ok guys. after all this is what I hear all my life.:o:D

Ira Gold
07-23-2011, 07:20 PM
How about making it short?

$25K for tools? ... Are you crazy?
Go EZ

Philphoto
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Go EZ

Or --

Go EZ and have cash left over for materials!

An important issue?

Phil

Bill Griggs
07-24-2011, 01:13 PM
$25K for tools? That's Crazy.
Get EZ.

Or

$25K for tools? That's Stupid.
Get Smart. EZ SMart.

Bill

damagi
07-24-2011, 02:51 PM
negative advertising rarely works. It often causes you to take a deeper look at both options (sometimes backfiring and driving people to your competition).

roy_okc
07-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Some ideas based on Bill's post.

$25K for tools? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Then go on in smaller print to describe the expensive tools that can be replaced by EZ system and provide better results.)

Wrestling a piece of plywood through a tablesaw? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Link to a video showing one person first using a tablesaw to cut plywood then switch to the same person using EZ tool of choice.)

Think tablesaws are the safest way to cut wood? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Smaller print and/or video that describes how the EZ system and DWC are vastly safer than tablesaws.)

Taking large, heavy saws to the job site? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Show video and/or pics of a complete cutting solution can be packed up into a small physical space that would easily fit in a typical construction worker's vehicle.)

(LARGE #) of square feet dedicated to cutting? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Show how cutting can be done in much smaller space and then the equipment put away so it isn't taking up any significant space at the end of the task.)

You get the picture.

Roy

Dik Harrison
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Roy,

Great ideas...

Jim Pierson
07-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Wrestling a piece of plywood through a tablesaw? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Link to a video showing one person first using a tablesaw to cut plywood then switch to the same person using EZ tool of choice.)

(LARGE #) of square feet dedicated to cutting? That's crazy!
Get smart ... EZ smart!
(Show how cutting can be done in much smaller space and then the equipment put away so it isn't taking up any significant space at the end of the task.)

I'm a homeowner with no workshop. Every project requires that I pull out stuff, jerry rig workspace, then put it away. It seems to me that the EZ-ONE could easily be stored by removing the legs if need be. Also the entire EZ-System is either aluminum or high quality plastic -- IT DOESN'T CORRODE.

One video showing Joe Putz, opening his single car garage, pulling out the EZ stuff, working several panels, assembling the project, then putting it all away into a wall locker sized storage bin. Meanwhile, show his neighbor with his workshop, busy waxing/sanding his table saw, jointer to remove surface rust!
Work fast, accurate, and clean the EZ-Smart way.

Philphoto
07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Jim, Roy and other like minded EZ evangelists.

Dino came up with a thread and this is a great place to put your thinking to use. Dino said what he is using for slogan, and has prepared the way with all of us jumping in with good thinking and intentions. It is obvious is that everyone has his own motivations. Everyone has his own perspective on EZ and why to buy. All of this is good, I say now is a good time for everyone with an idea write out your testimonial, short sweet, and even several versions and navigate to http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=1544 then post there. My understanding is that Dino will pick from the submissions and place them in the store or website. Making the store pages fully customer--owner presented. You can be sure you are not the only person that has your set of motivations, and your testimonial will speak to someone else.

Not sure I have it all right, but that is how I understand it.

Phil