PDA

View Full Version : rethinking our tools.

Dino
05-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi ez guys.
Today it was a very good invention day for ez by ez users.
3 super cool ideas with patent potentials was send to ez
and ez likes them all.

best part was the comparability with existing ez-tools.
no need for me to make anything new to get your money again and again.

one super cool idea come from the ez-shop.
a new pocket hole jig that is going to be the real pocket hole innovation
for many decades to come.

Before I finished the new pocket hole system, another ez guy made it even better. MUCH BETTER.

may ez be with you and keep the ideas coming.
BUT don't post them here yet.
First, we will help you to get a patent,
then you can post your patent application here.
the new law is first to patent and not first to invent.
remember that.

thanks again,

bhough56
05-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Well spoken Dino. If you have an idea send it to Dino by PM first, don't post it. Too many lurker leaches out there to steal ideas. Dino is the one to give you the best advice and help you and all woodworkers to attain the ultimate goal of safety, speed and accurate results. We have all watched others try to defeat Dino and other inventors to be destroyed and defeated despite their good intentions. With his help all of mankind will benefit, as is obvious he only wants to promote safety and quality to our trade. Profits are what keeps other companies alive, believers in the"Dead Wood Concept" keep Eureka Zone alive!

Dino
05-24-2012, 01:04 AM
sorry that I have nothing for you to "take" today.
I hope you enjoyed the new stuff. ;)

thanks.

bhough56
05-24-2012, 01:23 AM
A very happy EZ Thief says "Thank You" And looking forward to an EZ Future! May the Force be with you! Dino you are my hero! Forward we go!

Dino
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
A very happy EZ Thief says "Thank You" And looking forward to an EZ Future! May the Force be with you! Dino you are my hero! Forward we go!

do they made it legal yet? :rolleyes: :D :D

bhough56
05-24-2012, 01:38 AM
do they made it legal yet? :rolleyes: :D :D

That's the best part, keep it legal, protect the inventor, the part I like best! Keep inventing, keep patenting! I want nothing more than to see the little guy WIN! I am proud to call you my "FRIEND".

Aussieonyak
06-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi Dino - this one does not fall into the patent class- its just a simple idea that would be fairly easy for you to put into practice. I just purchased the Makita 5008 MGA saw from EZ. The saw from Makita has a depth scale on it which is obviously of little use with the EZ saw base on it.
My suggestion is for an EZ scale to put on the saw to replace the Makita one and give the user a good idea of what the depth of the blade is below the track.

Also, try and give the scale some accuracy and start the scale at 1/16th - Makita starts it at 1/2" which is not suitable for scoring.

regards
Barry

Mel Beck
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Hi Dino - this one does not fall into the patent class- its just a simple idea that would be fairly easy for you to put into practice. I just purchased the Makita 5008 MGA saw from EZ. The saw from Makita has a depth scale on it which is obviously of little use with the EZ saw base on it.
My suggestion is for an EZ scale to put on the saw to replace the Makita one and give the user a good idea of what the depth of the blade is below the track.

Also, try and give the scale some accuracy and start the scale at 1/16th - Makita starts it at 1/2" which is not suitable for scoring.

regards
Barry

Barry
I used a big black Sharpie to black out the scale, then used a ultra-thin Pilot silver paint marker, to mark a new scale.

To do this at the EZ factory they would have to specify what blade to use, since there isn't a standard for actual blade diameters.

Aussieonyak
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Barry
I used a big black Sharpie to black out the scale, then used a ultra-thin Pilot silver paint marker, to mark a new scale.

To do this at the EZ factory they would have to specify what blade to use, since there isn't a standard for actual blade diameters.

Thanks Mel - the different blades didn't cross my mind but that makes sense and would be easy to do. I appreciate the tip.

regards

Jeff Freelove
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Barry

Mel,

Thanks for the idea! I will be updating my Makita.

Gabe O
06-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi guys,
Just peel the depth scale sticker off your saw, adjust it for on the track and stick it back on. You will have to trim part of it off.

Burt
06-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi guys,
Just peel the depth scale sticker off your saw, adjust it for on the track and stick it back on. You will have to trim part of it off.

Good solution for those with stick on tapes. Any recommendations for those with engraved guides?

Burt

Lex
06-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Good solution for those with stick on tapes. Any recommendations for those with engraved guides?

Burt

Leave the scale where it is, and relocate the pointer? On my saw, it's a metal arrow held on with a screw, so I'm betting that I can remove the screw and drill and tap a new hole for the arrow. I haven't tried that yet, because I never really used the scale much before, preferring to set my depth either by eye or using a combination square.