PDA

View Full Version : New Extrusion thoughts

Bill Griggs
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Dino, Gang,

I was looking at the available EZ extrusions trying to think of an inexpensive way to up grade my PBB to EZ One standards. At present it would cost me more than half the price of an EZ one to upgrade.Most of the SMEs have to be replaced with SSME etc.

If there were an extrusion like was a child of the EZ T-track and the B2B, you could cut cost of making EZ Ones. It would still have the lip for supporting material on one side and two slots for connectors, clamps etc.

Food for though.

Bill

Tw218
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Griggs;28778]Dino, Gang,

I was looking at the available EZ extrusions trying to think of an inexpensive way to up grade my PBB to EZ One standards. At present it would cost me more than half the price of an EZ one to upgrade.Most of the SMEs have to be replaced with SSME etc.

If there were an extrusion like was a child of the EZ T-track and the B2B, you could cut cost of making EZ Ones. It would still have the lip for supporting material on one side and two slots for connectors, clamps etc.

Food for though.

Tw218
02-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Bill, what do you think you would gain by upgrading your pb. I have not used either, but 90% of most YouTube videos show the foam beam. It looks like there might be less dust and a little more support with the older system. I think the new EZ has fewer parts on the cross beams .ssme's and may be less expensive to produce. Try cutting a 1/4" strip of plywood without the foam beam. I guess you could place a piece of plywood as a support between the ssme's . But it seams that it would be harder to hold the thin wood locked in position except with down pressure of the bridge?

Bill Griggs
02-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Bill, what do you think you would gain by upgrading your pb. I have not used either, but 90% of most YouTube videos show the foam beam. It looks like there might be less dust and a little more support with the older system. I think the new EZ has fewer parts on the cross beams .ssme's and may be less expensive to produce. Try cutting a 1/4" strip of plywood without the foam beam. I guess you could place a piece of plywood as a support between the ssme's . But it seams that it would be harder to hold the thin wood locked in position except with down pressure of the bridge?

The new EZ One is easier to keep square. I never got the old table close.