PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Blade

Bolger1900
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello,

Can I use a Final Cut Blade with the system?
Has anyone tried it? What were the results?

http://finalcutblade.com/index.php

Thanks
Ron

Mel Beck
04-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Hello,

Can I use a Final Cut Blade with the system?
Has anyone tried it? What were the results?

Well come

I'm not sure, but what size saw are you using? I thought 9" was the smallest they have.

Mel

Bolger1900
04-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi Mel,

Thanks for replying. If You go to their website (link on my original post), click on product ordering, then, top left corner, 2nd line = abrasive discs.

Go to page 2, and they have an assortment of discs (which you can apply to your own blades) for 7 1/4 and up.

As for me, I'll be upgrading to a Makita 5008 MGA (8 1/4").

It is intriguing, to get a perfectly square, finely sanded edge, all in one go, just wondered if any of you have used it before, especially in connection with the EZ system. (i.e. what (if any) adverse effect on the AC's (anti chip plastic parts).

Thanks
Ron

Burt
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Ron,

My gut level instinct is to say that you don't need it with the EZ. I have not tried it.

I think Dino tried that or a similiar product for some of his mfg process. He is no longer using it but I don't know any details.

Burt

Bolger1900
04-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Thank You Burt,

I'll just see, if there are any more comments re.: final cut blades. If not, I might just go ahead and try it, (and report back to the forum).

Thanks
Ron

Dino
04-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Thank You Burt,

I'll just see, if there are any more comments re.: final cut blades. If not, I might just go ahead and try it, (and report back to the forum).

Thanks
Ron

hi Ron,
I use it and works great ...IF...you follow the directions100% and you use their blades. Because their blades are spec for the sandpaper.
The blade must have the right kerf and must be very clean.

Works even better in aluminum.:cool:

Randal Stevenson
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Ron,

My gut level instinct is to say that you don't need it with the EZ. I have not tried it.

I think Dino tried that or a similiar product for some of his mfg process. He is no longer using it but I don't know any details.

Burt

Ditto. I have read some people that tried it. Initial opinions seem to differ greatly from the opinions after use. One member of another forum said the paper loaded up, and stopped working, then he replaced it and the paper tore.
The other issue was will it work with the Diablo blades and their coating?

I would be more apt to test something like the ultra thin blades (3/32" if I remember correctly), or the Cermack blades.

Bolger1900
04-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Thank You all for your input re.: the Final Cut Blade.

I guess, I'll keep my eyes and ears open, and try to find out more from other sources.

All in all, Dino's comment was encouraging. I'll let you know what my experience with the final cut blade will be. (It will be a few weeks before I find time, as I am going away for a while, business is kind a slow right now).

Thanks
Ron

Dino
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Thank You all for your input re.: the Final Cut Blade.

I guess, I'll keep my eyes and ears open, and try to find out more from other sources.

All in all, Dino's comment was encouraging. I'll let you know what my experience with the final cut blade will be. (It will be a few weeks before I find time, as I am going away for a while, business is kind a slow right now).

Thanks
Ron

Ron,
Use it in your miter saw.
On the ez system, there is no need for it.
We use it in our cross cutter ( PBB) and we like it.

Bolger1900
04-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Ron,
Use it in your miter saw.
On the ez system, there is no need for it.
We use it in our cross cutter ( PBB) and we like it.

Thanks Dino,

I thought, that cross cutting is part of of the many uses of the EZ system. Certainly wouldn't change blades between ripping and cross-cutting.

Now I can see, that You (for manufacturing purposes), have a designated PBB work station for cross-cutting. For me, as an amateur (such a set-up) would be overkill (besides, I don't have the space, to keep it set up).

The compact size of the EZ system was one of the features, which attracted me to your system, rather than having a miter saw, and a table saw, and .... etc.

Anyway, thanks to you all,

Ron

Randal Stevenson
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Dino,

I thought, that cross cutting is part of of the many uses of the EZ system. Certainly wouldn't change blades between ripping and cross-cutting.

Now I can see, that You (for manufacturing purposes), have a designated PBB work station for cross-cutting. For me, as an amateur (such a set-up) would be overkill (besides, I don't have the space, to keep it set up). Ron

If your working with 8/4 material or better, we users, tend to still recommend a ripping blade (24 teeth). The 40 tooth blades are good general purpose and for thinner material. I had forgotten about the kerf requirement of the Final cut, (the blades body and it's teeth must be in certain specs for sucessfull use of the paper on them).

The table is great for us, while people who manufacture tend to have more employee's and more tables. (Burt owns a cabinetshop and two of them use at least three tables). I purposely have two (one hybrid in the making), due to wanting one portable (brothers farm, Brother in laws projects, fathers projects, could take it anywhere and still work at home), but you really only need one.

The compact size of the EZ system was one of the features, which attracted me to your system, rather than having a miter saw, and a table saw, and .... etc.

Anyway, thanks to you all,

Ron

Dino has a Miter saw addiction, (self admitted), which I think will be slow to disappear, but will after the miter gauge angle adapter for the square is perfected. However, I doubt that will keep him or several of us from still having one (since it is already bought and paid for). While the table saws tend to get used less, until one decides to sell them, a miter saw is still quite small and portable for those jobs where only crosscutting is needed, (crown molding, deck jobs, etc) and like I said, bought and paid for (I use an inexpensive one with a good blade, namely construction use).

Until I have time to make a small portable table, my setup is still bigger then just the miter saw.

Bolger1900
04-27-2010, 04:24 PM
If your working with 8/4 material or better, we users, tend to still recommend a ripping blade (24 teeth). The 40 tooth blades are good general purpose and for thinner material. I had forgotten about the kerf requirement of the Final cut, ...

due to wanting one portable (brothers farm, Brother in laws projects, fathers projects, could take it anywhere and still work at home), but you really only need one.

Dino has a Miter saw addiction, (self admitted), which I think will be slow to disappear, but will after the miter gauge angle adapter for the square is perfected.

Until I have time to make a small portable table, my setup is still bigger then just the miter saw.

Thank you, Randal,

As I figured, the longer I hang around the forum, the more I will learn. Each posting/reply brings new insights and different perspectives. ...darn, I went and returned the miter saw... (was brand new, and still had the receipt for it).

Anyway, it's all good, for what little hobby work I do, I am sure, that the EZ system will work for me.

Thank You
Ron

Dino
04-27-2010, 05:08 PM
If your working with 8/4 material or better, we users, tend to still recommend a ripping blade (24 teeth). The 40 tooth blades are good general purpose and for thinner material. I had forgotten about the kerf requirement of the Final cut, (the blades body and it's teeth must be in certain specs for sucessfull use of the paper on them).

The table is great for us, while people who manufacture tend to have more employee's and more tables. (Burt owns a cabinetshop and two of them use at least three tables). I purposely have two (one hybrid in the making), due to wanting one portable (brothers farm, Brother in laws projects, fathers projects, could take it anywhere and still work at home), but you really only need one.

Dino has a Miter saw addiction, (self admitted), which I think will be slow to disappear, but will after the miter gauge angle adapter for the square is perfected. However, I doubt that will keep him or several of us from still having one (since it is already bought and paid for). While the table saws tend to get used less, until one decides to sell them, a miter saw is still quite small and portable for those jobs where only crosscutting is needed, (crown molding, deck jobs, etc) and like I said, bought and paid for (I use an inexpensive one with a good blade, namely construction use).

Randal.
That was long ago.:o
My cross cutter now is the makita 5104.
A circular saw on a dedicated bridge.
The one in Youtube.