PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

whitejacket
11-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Eurekazone has come out with products in the past year or so that I think set it above the other manufacturers out there (SSRK, EZ-One, Sizer). Since I started into woodworking 8 years ago I have never been as invested into one brand as I am with Eurekazone. Dino (and crew) is making products with wow factor and I for one just can't get enough (of afford enough). Do I need everything that Eurekazone has made? Not yet but I will someday :) I like to refer to myself as a hobbiest with a dream, a doctor by trade and woodworking at heart. Making money with woodworking would be nice someday but until I can realize that dream I must keep my day job.

As new as I am to woodworking the EZ products have changed the way I do things. Granted, I don't have years of experience to change, and many advanced skills I have not learned yet, but there are changes I have made. My $700 miter saw, $300 table saw, and to a degree my $200 router table (I haven't learned all the ins and outs yet of using the SRK) have been virtually replaced by EZ products that together cost less than all of these. I rarely use these other tools. For other woodworkers out there like me, EZ has the right stuff. The products are easy to learn, easy to use, adaptable, and upgradeable.

I try to spread the word about EZ as best as I can but being in healthcare there are not too many people I can talk to about woodworking. I don’t do ER so I don’t see the table saw injuries. I don’t get involved in woodworking forums aside from Eurekazone. Prior to the EZ Track Saw Forum I was not involved in any online forums. The forum is a unique place. Not only can you share ideas with other woodworkers but you can also communicate directly with the manufacturer/inventor, and even be involved in the design/modifications of new products. The downside to the forum is that it is an open forum for a variety of issues (customer service, website feedback, product development, order requests, etc) and sometimes emotions can flare and frustrations are there for everyone to see (problematic for the newbies). However, I would not change a thing about the forum as it is another thing that separates EZ from the rest of woodworking world. This is where I am heading with this post: EZ is not just about new tools to add to the woodworking industry….it is about ANOTHER way, a NEW way, of doing woodworking. EZ is not about going with the flow, it is about breaking the mold.

As EZ seeks to expand its presence what can be done and what can we do? Dino has referred many times to the regular users as “dealers” and “stockholders”. Given the way new products are honed by the users we are a very crucial part of EZ and we are going to be instrumental in its success. Here are some areas I think we can focus on or think about:

1. The Website: This is first place new users will come to learn about EZ. The new site is a definite improvement over the previous incarnation. Are there things that need improvement? Sure. I don’t have a lot of recommendations or ideas for the site but I am sure there are some of you who do.
2. We can only spread the word about products we have. Directing others to videos can work but actually being able to post that you used the product and testify to its greatness goes much further in getting someone else to buy in.
3. If products are going to get new names, let’s get the names so we can accurately spread the word about it (i.e. the Sizer aka whatever it is going to be called).
4. Printed instructions with all products. JSWINGCHUN offered to do instructions if sent an EZ-One. May be a good thing to do. Find people who want to do something to improve a product, its instructions, or its packaging, get them the item and go from there. Small price to pay.
5. Woodworking classes using the EZ system.
6. Establishing regional distributors/dealers
7. Trade shows (to do or not to do?)
8. Magazine ads (to do or not to do?)
9. Sending information to school districts with woodworking programs
10. Spreading the word on other forums. I would focus on what EZ can do and not what other products can or cannot do. Posts that do not mention other brands (directly or indirectly) are not going to inflame the passions of the other company’s just as dedicated followers and supporters.

I had some more ideas this morning on my way to work but now can’t remember them. As I think of more I will post them. I encourage everyone else to use this thread to post their ideas….maybe even post what you can do.

That is all for now.

Thanks for reading

Joe

jswingchun
11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
+1 to all of the above.

As far as the website goes, there are a few things on there now that are non-intuitive and difficult to follow. If someone were to want to wander around the site and make a list of things that were outta whack, who would they send those to?

And as far as my offer to do instructions for the EZ-One, I wouldn't need a rail as I already have a 70" rail. I would need an extra set of edges to be able to demo and photograph cutting the edges the correct way.

I would say I have been pushing EZ stuff on the Bill Fitzmaurice speaker building forum. I think a few people have come over here from there, though I don't think I can take credit for it. There are a couple of FT users over there pimping FT stuff, we have been back and forth and hope to get together possibly this winter and compare systems. Would be nice to show off an EZ-One... ; )

bigjohn1
11-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes that would be good to get the feed back on the results.
I think the FT users are in for a big shock Job for Job Item per Item.
But the Doctor is right forget about them and just promote what Eurekazone System can do for the schools and everyone else. Have not used it yet but can tell that it will rock.

Dino
11-24-2010, 08:27 PM
+1 to all of the above.

As far as the website goes, there are a few things on there now that are non-intuitive and difficult to follow. If someone were to want to wander around the site and make a list of things that were outta whack, who would they send those to?

js....
the site is under review and waithing for the final inventions
and packages to be posted. We started with the tracksaw systems to make them better suited for the future. Now that the sizer is ready we will redo the entire site page by page. I think we all agree to make a more task oriented packages with better names.

And as far as my offer to do instructions for the EZ-One, I wouldn't need a rail as I already have a 70" rail. I would need an extra set of edges to be able to demo and photograph cutting the edges the correct way.

We're out of sme's for few more days and Dik is ready to make the instructions as soon as we can send him the final pieces.

I would say I have been pushing EZ stuff on the Bill Fitzmaurice speaker building forum. I think a few people have come over here from there, though I don't think I can take credit for it. There are a couple of FT users over there pimping FT stuff, we have been back and forth and hope to get together possibly this winter and compare systems. Would be nice to show off an EZ-One... ; )

Keep the fire burning.
this is what Russ is telling mefor 10 years now.
There is no way for a user of another system to admit in the forums that something else maybe better but very soon we will offer all ez stuff to all users. after that everything is easy.:cool:

Dino
11-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Eurekazone has come out with products in the past year or so that I think set it above the other manufacturers out there (SSRK, EZ-One, Sizer). Since I started into woodworking 8 years ago I have never been as invested into one brand as I am with Eurekazone. Dino (and crew) is making products with wow factor and I for one just can't get enough (of afford enough). Do I need everything that Eurekazone has made? Not yet but I will someday :) I like to refer to myself as a hobbiest with a dream, a doctor by trade and woodworking at heart. Making money with woodworking would be nice someday but until I can realize that dream I must keep my day job.

As new as I am to woodworking the EZ products have changed the way I do things. Granted, I don't have years of experience to change, and many advanced skills I have not learned yet, but there are changes I have made. My $700 miter saw, $300 table saw, and to a degree my $200 router table (I haven't learned all the ins and outs yet of using the SRK) have been virtually replaced by EZ products that together cost less than all of these. I rarely use these other tools. For other woodworkers out there like me, EZ has the right stuff. The products are easy to learn, easy to use, adaptable, and upgradeable.

I try to spread the word about EZ as best as I can but being in healthcare there are not too many people I can talk to about woodworking. I don’t do ER so I don’t see the table saw injuries. I don’t get involved in woodworking forums aside from Eurekazone. Prior to the EZ Track Saw Forum I was not involved in any online forums. The forum is a unique place. Not only can you share ideas with other woodworkers but you can also communicate directly with the manufacturer/inventor, and even be involved in the design/modifications of new products. The downside to the forum is that it is an open forum for a variety of issues (customer service, website feedback, product development, order requests, etc) and sometimes emotions can flare and frustrations are there for everyone to see (problematic for the newbies). However, I would not change a thing about the forum as it is another thing that separates EZ from the rest of woodworking world. This is where I am heading with this post: EZ is not just about new tools to add to the woodworking industry….it is about ANOTHER way, a NEW way, of doing woodworking. EZ is not about going with the flow, it is about breaking the mold.

As EZ seeks to expand its presence what can be done and what can we do? Dino has referred many times to the regular users as “dealers” and “stockholders”. Given the way new products are honed by the users we are a very crucial part of EZ and we are going to be instrumental in its success. Here are some areas I think we can focus on or think about:

1. The Website: This is first place new users will come to learn about EZ. The new site is a definite improvement over the previous incarnation. Are there things that need improvement? Sure. I don’t have a lot of recommendations or ideas for the site but I am sure there are some of you who do.
2. We can only spread the word about products we have. Directing others to videos can work but actually being able to post that you used the product and testify to its greatness goes much further in getting someone else to buy in.
3. If products are going to get new names, let’s get the names so we can accurately spread the word about it (i.e. the Sizer aka whatever it is going to be called).
4. Printed instructions with all products. JSWINGCHUN offered to do instructions if sent an EZ-One. May be a good thing to do. Find people who want to do something to improve a product, its instructions, or its packaging, get them the item and go from there. Small price to pay.
5. Woodworking classes using the EZ system.
6. Establishing regional distributors/dealers
7. Trade shows (to do or not to do?)
8. Magazine ads (to do or not to do?)
9. Sending information to school districts with woodworking programs
10. Spreading the word on other forums. I would focus on what EZ can do and not what other products can or cannot do. Posts that do not mention other brands (directly or indirectly) are not going to inflame the passions of the other company’s just as dedicated followers and supporters.

I had some more ideas this morning on my way to work but now can’t remember them. As I think of more I will post them. I encourage everyone else to use this thread to post their ideas….maybe even post what you can do.

That is all for now.

Thanks for reading

Joe

Joe, The good news is that another company is going to take over many
af the above much needed tasks and believe me...they're the best.
Eurekazone is going to be focuced in product development and keeping eurekazone open with much better attention to all the above.

tx

Dik Harrison
11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Anyone with suggestions about the site or the forum is welcome to PM me with your suggestions, insights, etc. and we will add them to our list of things that need to looked at/done.

Dino
11-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone with suggestions about the site or the forum is welcome to PM me with your suggestions, insights, etc. and we will add them to our list of things that need to looked at/done.

Dik,
I think the woodworking packages are ready.
Thanks to Ken and all the members here.:cool:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=908