PDA

View Full Version : Packages without Smart Base

MonteD
12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
As a new customer I've been trying to figure out what I need (like many others :). I'm sure I want a 5008MGA preassembled with the base and dust port because I want to make sure it's done right. I've noticed that the track and sizer packages come with smart bases that I won't need. I can order the basic track components seperately, though it's a pain, but I can't do that with the sizer.

Would it be possible to break out the Smart Base from the packages as a seperate Smart Base package that includes the Anti-chip inserts or somehow offer credit for the unnecessary Smart Base? This would eliminate the redundancy and would also lower the package prices. I also think the assembled saws should come with Anti-chip inserts since they come with a base.

I think this would be simpler for a newbie to understand.

Monte

Burt
12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
As a new customer I've been trying to figure out what I need (like many others :). I'm sure I want a 5008MGA preassembled with the base and dust port because I want to make sure it's done right. I've noticed that the track and sizer packages come with smart bases that I won't need. I can order the basic track components seperately, though it's a pain, but I can't do that with the sizer.

Would it be possible to break out the Smart Base from the packages as a seperate Smart Base package that includes the Anti-chip inserts or somehow offer credit for the unnecessary Smart Base? This would eliminate the redundancy and would also lower the package prices. I also think the assembled saws should come with Anti-chip inserts since they come with a base.

Monte

Monte,

Give Dino a Call. He can probably work out something. Keep in mind that when items are included in a package, the prices are reduced so your discount probably wouldn't be the list price. Another thought is sooner or later you will need replacement inserts. Also I like to have an extra base on hand just in case I find a good deal on another saw.

Burt

MonteD
12-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Burt, maybe it's just bad timing on my part, but right now everything is list price - there's no discount for buying a package vs. buying the components individually. I bet there are others like me who really don't need two extra bases when buying a saw and a couple of packages. I know Dino will be fair - he always is. The problem is I can't just order what I want from the website. There should be an easier way.

Monte

Burt
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Burt, maybe it's just bad timing on my part, but right now everything is list price - there's no discount for buying a package vs. buying the components individually.

Monte, there is always a discount in a package deal. Take your choice of packages and add up the items in it. The package price is less than the individual items.

Also do me a favor: Go to the top of the screen and look for the word "Notice". Read carefully and you'll see than Eurekazone has a sell going right now and everything except powers tools is discounted 25%.

I bet there are others like me who really don't need two extra bases when buying a saw and a couple of packages. I know Dino will be fair - he always is. The problem is I can't just order what I want from the website. There should be an easier way.

Monte

As for a better, Dino is the man for that also.

Burt

MonteD
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Burt, I know about the 25% sale - it affects packages and individual parts equally. I looked again and couldn't see any package discount. Do you have an example I could look at?

Burt
12-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Monte,

My apologies. I was wrong. I just tried adding one up.

Burt

Dik Harrison
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
The package discount is usually 20%, so the 25% sale is a better deal.

Dino
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Monte

Hi Monte.
99% of the time we refunded the cost of the base but this isgeting to be a problem with many orders.
The best way is to issue a credit against other stuff.

The smart base is made with molds. ( injected plastic)
The cost of the mold was $60.000.00 including a set of 2 antichip inserts.
The price of the smart base and inserts are low but high profitable...
if you sell large quantities.
We order 5000 bases each time to get the right price.

When we sell a package we list the prices of each item for comparison but we can't take one item out and refund the full amount of that item.

Here is one example,
The EZ Ready Makita 5008MGA.
We pay retail prices and shipping.
we install the dust port/shield and smart base.
We include a set of antichip inserts with every saw.

Without any labor cost the prices of all items combine is:
5008MGA. $200.00?
Smart base $28.00?
Dust port/shield $17.00
antichip inserts $10.00

total price $ $247.00
we sell it for $ $298.00 $50.00 more
It cost us $50.00 labors to:
Order.
stock.
do the mods.
tesing/repacking and shipping.

Where our profit comes?
Some of it comes from the smart base price and the dust port that we make it in house. If we had to buy both at $45.00 the price was higher.

If we have to refund th price of the smart base...we do that until now
our profit was almost zero and as you know nobody can stay open without making any profit.

We was talking about that and we like to find a solution that is fair to the customer and good for us at the same time.

If you buy an ez ready saw the same time you order a tracksaw system you wll receive 50% of the list price $38.00-50%= $19.00 ( base and two inserts)
Ez credit. This way we can make some profit and the customer feels better.

If you order a saw after you bought tracksaw system you better keep theextra base or ebay it?
Shipping and time wasted by both sides is more than any refund or credit.

We will post the above at thesite and make it very clear.
The last sale that we have ( The "screw" sale was nothing but troubles)
With every order we had to change the size of the tracks, include more stuff, take off the base, etc,etc.

I understand that the customer has a duty to be a smart consumer in todays economy and the only fault for the "screw" sale not going easy was us and only us.

In the future we will do it better for all.
No speal sales where the customer needs to change stuff.
All items on sale or Just few NOT PACKAGED IN A GROUP.

tx
d

MonteD
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Dino,

First, I want to be clear that I have no problem with the amount you charge to assemble the saw. Your time and expertise is well worth it.

I didn't realize that the smart base was so important to your profitability. Being frugal by nature I just hate to waste money on something I'll never use. If you can figure out a way to automatically apply the credit upon checkout that would be ideal.

Monte

Dino
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Dino,

First, I want to be clear that I have no problem with the amount you charge to assemble the saw. Your time and expertise is well worth it.

I didn't realize that the smart base was so important to your profitability. Being frugal by nature I just hate to waste money on something I'll never use. If you can figure out a way to automatically apply the credit upon checkout that would be ideal.

Monte

Monte,
The investement for the smart base molds may never be recovered but it helps with our production. We can offer better package prices and send few extra bases for free when something goes wrong.
I wish we have the same control with all our components but to do that we have to invest over a million...

an ez way is going to be found for all of us.:cool:
tx
d

bigjohn1
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I agree Dino, And have no problem with something I have included in a deal.
What ever it comes with is how it goes. And I can see that being a pain in the butt with customers wanting to change things around. It's like a buy one get one fee kinda thing you can't get one for half price. It's to bad the screw deal was a good one. They have a 25% deal now but the screw deal was a little better with sme and stops thrown in.:)