View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 12:27 AM

Default True Track vs EurekaZone

To whoever is interested: True Track has been around for awhile, and not new. They are attempting to make a competing system to EZ and position it in the marketplace based upon price points not task or product quality. The "ripoff" arguments will never produce anything positive. If you do not believe me go to Sawmill Creek and mention EurekaZone and Festool. Many of us long term members remember those days. Only one word expresses that time -- Ugly!

In truth all products have "roots" or similarities to each other. All inventors take an idea or observation from some one or something else and make it cheaper, or better, or evolved into different application. This is the nature of our free market capitalistic society.

All of the above noted, there was a time when Dino relied on legal paperwork and lawyers to protect his intellectual property. Even Dino might tell you that was not productive or effective. Too many competitors got inside the shop at EZ and did in fact abuse the legal paperwork. I will not air the dirty laundry as it were, and keep this forum moving into positive, forward thinking arenas.

True Track is a different product. They make a product that will please some buyers but not please the EurekaZone user. True Track is a track saw without the fully developed thinking of EurekaZone. Dino developed the "deadwood concept system" and no one else has come close to that fully developed line of reasoning. Festool makes great tools, and yes they are expensive, but quality comes at a price. The reasoning behind the Festool products are different than EurekaZone. Yes Festool uses a track as do ALL track saws. None of the track saw products have the "deadwood concept system" in their development. Dino was the only inventor or innovator to build a system upon a concept and apply the concept, the task, and safety into the product. With EurekaZone, safety wasn't an add on after thought -- personal safety is the center the entire product line. If you do not know or understand the "deadwood concept" I encourage you to research the topic, here on this forum. If you understand "deadwood concept system" you can see the difference. Having a track is a matter of coincidence, not competition. You can not compare track saw to track saw, because there are different motives for using a track.

I will stop here, as anymore will only confuse. Please read the "deadwood concept"