View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Another great detail of the WSC-267E is the integrated dust extraction. Dust extraction is always tricky. For maximum dust extraction, you would want to fully shroud the blade all the way down to the surface of the material you are cutting, which unfortunately would obscure your sight lines. I believe that Hilti has struck a nice compromise with the 267. Sight lines are pretty good, with good to great dust extraction. This is important for a saw that is intended for dual use (on-rail and free-hand).

The dust extraction is actually VERY similar to the Eurekazone dust extraction scheme, in that it collects dust directly above where the blade exits the material. The upper blade guard has a hole in it in the very front, a lit at the top and another slit at the rear of the upper guard. A black plastic dust shroud snaps over the top of the upper guard with a rear-facing dust port. This design is similar to mods some EZ users have adopted, with front dust extraction with rear-facing port. The dust port on the Hilti saw conforms to some sort of European standard that allows me to use my Festool D-27 hose without adapters.

There are many other details worth mentioning. The saw features a nice arbor locking lever that serves multiple purposes. First, it locks the arbor, and second, it locks out the trigger to prevent accidental start-ups during blade changes.

The saw also features a 12+ VERY high quality cord, a MUST for breaking down sheet goods and a nice complement to common 12.5 dust extraction hoses.

Finally, the saw base features a groove that allows users to use the saw on saw tracks from multiple manufacturers, including Hilti, Festool, Makita, and modified Eurekazone tracks, or on standard Eurekazone tracks using a Smart Base adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05861R.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	4414   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05862R.JPG
Views:	693
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	4415   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06066R.JPG
Views:	657