The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > EurekaZone Forum > EZ Specials

Old 05-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Master Carpenter

Default Introducing the New EZSMART Clamping Bench System

We are proud to announce the launch of our NEW Clamping Bench System!!

We Invite You All To Take A Moment To Visit Us On-Line And Review The Full Capabilities Of Our New Clamping Bench System.

With over 65% more working surface than other clamping systems, easily tackle all of your assembly, joining, routing, drilling sanding, sawing and other woodworking projects.
EZSMART Clamping Bench System - http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt3000.htm
EZSMART Clamping Bench System Top - http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt3100.htm
Take advantage of the Special Introductory Price while it lasts!!

This Product will be ready to ship on June 16th 2014..Get yours today!

Happy Woodworking!!

Last edited by Dino; 05-27-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Other than the pink top, I like it! It is definitely much more useful than the kreg table. Are the large clamps modified welding clamps?

Burt
Old 05-27-2014, 11:03 PM

I received the email flyer, gulped at the price. Looking at the info I can't figure out what's included. For me, that's a lot of money, I'd need a video or something to show me it's capabilities before I could understand if it's worth it.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:01 AM

Let's see the video.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 AM

Dino I'm glad to see that you are keeping busy one problem that I see is that most of us already have small workshops and the table is just another something to take up space
Would be nice if you could incorporate this type of top into the already existing easy one. I would like to have seen the two tracks that are on top of the orange table recessed flush with the surface of the tabletop. As you are using the five clamping blocks that you are already going to be using too square your corner to. Next I think it would have been nice to have drill the top with three-quarter inch holes similar to the Festool MFT tabletop. Those holes are nice for using bench dogs to add auxiliary fences. Next I would make provisions for mounting a bridge to this table. If the tabletop had all the three-quarter inch holes drilled you would be able to use C type of clamps in any hole in the clamping possibilities would be endless. Maybe some type of bracket for quick mounting the bridge would be nice also. While you're at it make a opening to drop a router lift. Then make sure that you have t track embedded in both ends of the table so that you would be able to use some type of sliding fence. And of course this whole tabletop would be retrofit to any old easy one or more Mft function table. This sounds like a tall order so I guess it will have to come after your new saw gets released.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:42 PM

Seems to me the top with the holes is the way to go. You have lots of places to put clamps and there are a whole bunch of different clamps, dogs etc. already available. A lot more versatile.
I'd never looked before, but just did. A basic Festool MFT is $545, an extra $100, so $645 gets you the one with clamps, guide rail with the hingey thing, protractor etc.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Master Carpenter

hi guys.
the frame is the ez-one frame.
if you have the ez-one you only need the top.
this is the power of the system

If you buy the complete clamp table. you can easily upgrade it to the
ez-one with the bridge-track and sliding fences.

The price looks high but the top is made from
1-1/8" high grade -powder-coated glue resistant top.
expensive stuff but this is a high end tool and the strength is great.
Now we have a heavy duty work bench for free.
the top is removable, the frame is ready for ez-one....

Many good things here.
The tracks can be use for cutting and routing with a ridge connector.
the T-tracks become guide rails....

No question that the side clamping is very nice and we can do many routing tasks without having to buy many jigs.

I think...best way is to get the top and use it with your ez-one or with your own table.

The Credit here goes to the ez-team in Ocala.
I think they just opened a new door that will lead in multiple doors waiting
for your ideas and EZ.

Your feedback is very valuable.
thanks

dino
Old 05-28-2014, 01:31 PM

Can't find a sliding fence kit on the website, to add onto the clamping bench. Looks like the bridge kit and stop kit would add $365.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM

Hi Dino, I was looking at the pictures for the clamping bench and notice some ez clamps that have longer stems on them. Can the regular ez clamps be used successfully? What are the limitations when using the ez clamps with the shorter stem?

Other questions:
What is on the bottom of the table? Is it the powder coating or plain MDF?
How heavy is it?

Having a clamping table to go with the bench is a really great idea!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM

Dino
Is the MDF top all one thickness. And then the tracks for the clamping must be EZ t track. Are they cut in with a router or are they done on a CNC machine. Or is the top made of two layers and the track is filled with additional MDF. Piece.
Why is the saw track that is mounted on top of the MDF top not recessed down flat with the top of the gluing surface. Seems that if you wanted to mount a bridge on the set up the flat saw track that is 6 inches wide would get in the way of the cutting process . I have been using a second table beside my them F key table with the bridge and have found that having a second table that rolls around makes for a nice support when cutting larger pieces of plywood such as 4 x 8 sheets under the bridge on the MFT table. I could see where the second rolling table could be replaced with the new glueing /clamping table by putting it on rollers and keeping the height the same as the existing saw table that I have now
Tom