The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > RipSizer

Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
Another vote for the t track plus! Lots of great uses for it including Dik's idea to attach it to the EZ-one to replace the UHMW stops. I just finished this adaptation tonight and really like the long solid length of aluminum as the squaring stop. And being able to use the woodpecker stops is an added bonus.

Rod
Ivanhoe, could you say a bit more about this and how it works? Or is there a link to Dik's adaptation? I'd love to try it.

Never mind, it was easy to find. For others who might want to know, here's the link http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....=Incra+t-track

Also, for anyone who wants to see Dik use the flip stops for making dados on his powerbench (old style ez-1 before the incra fence) here's a video. http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....=Incra+t-track

Last edited by Goblu; 10-24-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Katie,
Thanks for the link to Dik's set up. Love it!

Dik,
Thanks for taking the time to post your mods! I'm definitely getting some of that T-trak plus for my portable bench I'm going to make. So many great ideas on this forum!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM

Glad you found the link! I should have posted it...I tapped the connectors with a number 8-32 using a #29 drill bit for the hole. I didn't go the extra mile on counter sinking the holes. I just used some 3/4"stainless pan head screws - they don't seem to interfere with the flip stops travel. (I may switch to 1/2" length) BTW my EZ-one is mid gen with the foam beam and the SME for the base on the squaring stops.

Rod
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Just a follow up to this, while the Incra option below is less expensive, I ended up getting the Woodpecker Story stick pro on sale over Thanksgiving. I've been using it to set cut distance on the UEG and it works really well (I'm sure that the incra caliper arms would work identically).

I flip the UEG over, loosening the screws and stabilizing the saw so that it isn't resting on the ends of the guide. This means either sticking a piece of scrap 2x4 under the saw or, since I recently got the smart table kit, the UEG balances really nicely between the two rotating pieces of wood at the ends of the table.

I then slide the guide out, slip the caliper arms in resting on the saw, I then slide the guide back towards the blade and very gently create an interference fit against the caliper arm. I then gently tighten the screws (upside down, it's not too hard and check again. Then flip the UEG over and make the cut.

It's not the world's most elegant technique but it does seem to be accurate enough for my liking and has the added advantage of being able to use the caliper arms in story-stick mode against a hole to cut a piece to fit.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 PM

How I did mine:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4274