The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Old 08-30-2015, 03:52 PM

Thanks Dik, I'll have to give that a try. I have a piece here that I've been using to make pads for the bottom of the legs of patio furniture so that the water doesn't wick up into the wood, it's probably long enough to make edges for my longest track. I'm thinking that it would be good to make a few extras once I'm set up - cut the profile on both edges of a piece of trim and then cut them off the strip. I've been kind of tied up with other projects - one of them redoing shelves in the pantry, but nothing as fancy as yours.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:17 AM

Thanks guys! I feel better just knowing it isn't just me that this is happening to!
I love the simple sandpaper trick!... it worked great!
I guess I can handle the chipping of the ACE... I just figured it was always supposed to be a nice smooth cut-line register, but at least now I know that it's the norm.

Thank y'all so much for the replies! Bobby
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Harrison View Post
Yes, I use PVC trim from Lowe's and plane it down to 1/2". I make some wide enough that I can use them for bevel cuts. Here are a couple of pictures of them installed.
How much do you end up paying for a PVC trim board?
I see a "1/2 in. x 12 in. x 8 ft. Reversible Cellular PVC Fascia" on Home Depot's site for about $23 and am wondering if I should be looking for something cheaper. I don't have a planer.

-Matt

Last edited by protective1; 05-22-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:53 PM

I don't recall, it has been a few years since I bought any.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 05-23-2016, 02:14 PM

I'd think you'd want your pvc edge the same thickness as your track or it won't push down on your wood. You might want to measure the thickness of that fascia stock. These days it seems like everything is thinner than they say it is.
A 96" X 12" piece will give you a lot of edges, I'd think it'd be hard to figure a cheaper solution.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM

Thumbs up Ace shot!

My ACE's pop and throw chunks. Thanks for the PVC trim idea. I can plane the PVC but, will have to rip with track as my table saw is long gone.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:01 AM

I just discovered this problem with my TS. It's been frustrating me for years that I square the blade to the TS base, but when I assemble pieces that should be perpendicular they're slightly out of square. It seems like the more recent version of the ACE is more rigid than earlier ones, so the saw base rides up on it. I spend an absurd amount of time adjusting the tilt of the saw so the base is no longer square to the blade, but it cuts and a perfect 90 angle when I run it down the ACE. I think I'll start looking into sanding the base and making my own ACEs, as shown in this post.

Thanks guys!

Tags
ace, pbb, popping