The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > How-To

Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 PM

I had the same problem with the EAC "squishing" out when clamping down with the bridge or smart clamps, and with chipping. My solution is rather extreme, but seems to work really slick, which is to make custom anti-chip edges out of UHMW plastic. This way the edge is rock-solid, and even when the blade wanders it may slightly gouge a tiny bit of the edge, but it doesn't chip or explode.

Something people need to understand is that blades WILL wander, depending on what you are cutting. Plywood is an especially bad offender.

My suggestion is to make sure that the blade that you use to make your most precise cuts is also the blade with the widest kerf. For instance, I use a full-kerf Forrest Woodworker II for my most precise work, and everything else has a thinner kerf.

You can check out my and others alternative edge ideas here:
http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=1212
Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

Tom, your right about blades will wander. However on the Bridge, I don't consider the EAC as the cutline. Pressure can vary too much and you cutline should be visible from below.

Something like your UHMW, combined with the AC3 (left blade saws, Moduni saw antichip), would also be possible to make a captive saw (slide the saw in the end).