The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 AM

Default Festool TS 75 with new Universal EZ-ONE Woodworking Center

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new version of the Eurekazone EZ-ONE Workbench that claims to support universal tracks such as the Festool. The EZ-ONE Woodworking Center is an intriguing workbench. I think this Universal version is the workbench with the bridge modified such that it bolts to the Festool (and similar) track rather than to the EZ system.

I have found no references to this product on this Eurekazone forum.

I use and am a huge fan of the Festool TS saw, track and dust collection system. (I don't want to start any flame wars with advocates of the EZ system.)

Festool tracks have a lot more flex than the EZ tracks for which the EZ-ONE system was designed. I'm wondering if the difference in rigidity will impact the clamping of the track on the EZ-ONE. And I worry that without sufficient support the Festool saw will not ride the track flat but rather more like a rollercoaster.

The Universal EZ-ONE Woodworking Center obviously does not include a track. Does it require a 75" track?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

If I recall correctly, the normal EZ-1 uses a 72" track. The universal version would require a track that is in that ball park. A 50" rail would definitely be to short.

Testing showed no problems with the flexability of tracks. I think with the TS 75 you may want to move the saw near one end of the bridge before lifting the track. There should be no more flex while cutting than you are accustomed to.

Burt
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Just out of curiosity. I think the OP was asking about putting a Festool track on the B300 on an EZ1. I'd assumed that track would be too droopy, especially cutting short pieces. Had I assumed wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
If I recall correctly, the normal EZ-1 uses a 72" track. The universal version would require a track that is in that ball park. A 50" rail would definitely be to short.

Testing showed no problems with the flexability of tracks. I think with the TS 75 you may want to move the saw near one end of the bridge before lifting the track. There should be no more flex while cutting than you are accustomed to.

Burt
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Just out of curiosity. I think the OP was asking about putting a Festool track on the B300 on an EZ1. I'd assumed that track would be too droopy, especially cutting short pieces. Had I assumed wrong?
Sean,

I had assumed the same. Testing proved us to be wrong. The Festool, Makita and DeWalt tracks all work on the EZ-1.

Burt
Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Sean, this is where the 6-way stops comes in place.
with the short and small pieces trapped...nothing can go wrong.

Yes, You have some flex but keep in mind that the track
is laying flat in the wood.

tx
d
Old 11-04-2013, 07:40 PM

Default MFT with bridge

I finally cut some wood on my MFT with A Kreg sliding fence. After watching all of Eurekazone videos several more times, I see Dino uses a long SME clamped too the squaring fence on his EZ 1. And then uses some stop blocks to help set the distance from the blade to the fence. Hopefully I will find that my sliding fence does the same thing but possibly quicker and I hope to maintain a square between the fence and the sliding squaring fence at The bottom.
Here is a YouTube link showing me trying to use my fence doing.
http://youtu.be/xN5Z0lLu67M

Tom
Old 11-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Sean,

I had assumed the same. Testing proved us to be wrong. The Festool, Makita and DeWalt tracks all work on the EZ-1.

Burt
This is rather interesting. I somewhat reluctantly find myself looking at F saws due to the (apparent?) dust collection effectiveness. Being able to use it on the EZ-1 / bridge would be ideal.
Is a modification needed to the bridge, or do you just swap out the Ez connectors for something that works with the other rails?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkdnvr View Post
This is rather interesting. I somewhat reluctantly find myself looking at F saws due to the (apparent?) dust collection effectiveness. Being able to use it on the EZ-1 / bridge would be ideal.
Is a modification needed to the bridge, or do you just swap out the Ez connectors for something that works with the other rails?
Dino and the Eurekazone staff did the testing. He explained the details to me but I don't recall what they were. My guess is you would need a Festool connector and have to drill a couple other holes in the EZ Bridge.

I personally have modified the EZ Track and use it with the Hilti and Makita saws. I think this modification will also work with the Festool saw but haven't actually tried it with Festool. Makita, Hilti and Festool are all made to use with the "standard European rail."

To modify the EZ Track, You remove the guide ridge leaving the portions that mate with the connectors. That makes the top of the rail flat. Turn the rail upside down and put a piece of ridged connector in one of the tracks used for clamps. You will need set screws to hold the ridged connector.

I did this for the added depth of cut and convience of being able to use my hilti and Makita track saws without an add on base.

Burt
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 PM

Default European Style track for EZ one

What I did was take two six inch pieces of ez track and attack to the bridge as normal with the sliding connectors just like you were installing a 72 in track.
That way you can alway go back and used the ez track when the new saw arrives. With these two short sections of ez track , two slots facing down, I cut the top ridge piece that goes in a saw base off with a band saw. Very ez. Then I attached the festool type track to the ez track with a couple of screw and a knob.
works flawlessly. The dustcollection is great. Look at some of Dinos videos of Ez saws and it looks like a dust storm. Dino's ideas and dedication are brillant.
So much dedication and care for his customers and doing what was right for them. I am surprised that Laney didn't post a link for his new video part 2 to notify the forum of his new video. I am sure he is trying to several jobs at one time. Every time I use mft and bridge and I say thank you Dino!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:22 PM

Default Picture

I was wondering if you have any pictures of the modifications? I was thinking about switching to the Makita or Festool track saw because of dust collection and bevel ability.