The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Clamping Systems

Old 09-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Default Clamp table issue :-(

I bought the clamp table a few months ago, assembled it and tucked it away while I worked on other things. I'm now in the assembly phase of a project and went to use it for the first time and discovered the t-tracks are not consistently mounted in the table. None are perfectly flush and two of them are not even close. This of course leads to an uneven mounting surface and renders it unusable for it's intended purpose for many tasks. Going to call EurekaZone Monday and discuss. Too expensive for this kind of quality control issue. I'm sure they'll make it right.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:06 AM

Bruce at Eurekazone is working with me on this. Nice guy. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the update, Bruce seems like a good dude, I enjoyed working with him over the phone and he seemed sincerely interested in getting me what I need/want.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:33 PM

A head scratcher. You'd think EZ would inspect them to make sure they're flat.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
A head scratcher. You'd think EZ would inspect them to make sure they're flat.
My guess is they will start checking before shipping going forward. i know I would!
Old 10-06-2015, 09:26 AM

Sent a followup email to Bruce today. Haven't heard back from him since my last post. Not too happy with the radio silence. I also discovered this weekend that my fence inserts for my EZ One are not aligned with each other when snugged down. I've been struggling with cuts that aren't square and I've spent countless hours realigning the track to the fence, measuring the 3-4-5 ratio and still ending up with cuts that were off by 1/16-1/8 over a long rip. Turns out it's the fence inserts. I'm thinking the QC at EurekaZone is not really up to snuff. These things should not make it out to customers with these problems. I've wasted lots of time and $$ on material due to this alignment problem. The concept of the EZOne is great but these quality issues are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:11 PM

As I mentioned before I'm puzzled how EZ did not catch something so basic. I've never seen the Clamping Table, other than the pics, it's too expensive for me. However it looks like the SME's are just set in pockets in that orange plastic stuff. Doesn't look like it'd be hard recut the pockets to the correct depth. While I understand that EZ should have made it correctly to begin with why not just set up your router and tune it up yourself? It'd be quicker than waiting for EZ to sort it out and you're likely to be more diligent about doing it correctly.
Interesting coincidence. I don't have an EZ1, the money thing again, but have been watching Bill Griggs assembly videos that he has recently been posting. I may have it wrong but it looked to me like it uses a length of Ridged Connector in the top of the closest super SME for a squaring fence. In my experience anything that slides, clamps, moves or anything like that is less accurate than anything fixed. That fence is about the only thing on the EZ1 that you care about being accurate and staying square to your saw track. It's puzzling to me why you'd have it a piece that slides and is clamped to another piece that can be moved. Again, it seems to me, that a more accurate fence would be one that indexed off the face of the SME that makes up the perimeter of the EZ1. It's the same track your B300 is clamped too. One can't move without the other moving, the way it is now they're independent of each other.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:15 PM

Bruce is sending me replacement extrusions and fence stops. If the extrusions don't fix the issue with the clamping table his suggestion is for me to sand down the channels a bit to make them fit. I appreciate his help but if I end up having to sanding the channels to make them fit I won't be entirely happy about that. My expectation is when I spend the kind of money I did for that table it should be right and not require me to tweak it to make it right. I'll probably go that route if needed but I won't be counted on the list of fully satisfied customers. Hopefully the new extrusions will fit properly.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
As I mentioned before I'm puzzled how EZ did not catch something so basic.

That fence is about the only thing on the EZ1 that you care about being accurate and staying square to your saw track. It's puzzling to me why you'd have it a piece that slides and is clamped to another piece that can be moved. Again, it seems to me, that a more accurate fence would be one that indexed off the face of the SME that makes up the perimeter of the EZ1. It's the same track your B300 is clamped too. One can't move without the other moving, the way it is now they're independent of each other.
Sean,
the top was done by an outside cnc fabricator/finisher.
I'm not in Ocala but I will as soon I feel better.
(getting old in NJ us very bad)

Bills ez-one is a mix of older model with larger and removable fence.
the only thing that is important on the ez-one is the fence to be square to the track. The fence that you use to index the materials.

tx
Old 10-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamx View Post
Bruce is sending me replacement extrusions and fence stops. If the extrusions don't fix the issue with the clamping table his suggestion is for me to sand down the channels a bit to make them fit. I appreciate his help but if I end up having to sanding the channels to make them fit I won't be entirely happy about that. My expectation is when I spend the kind of money I did for that table it should be right and not require me to tweak it to make it right. I'll probably go that route if needed but I won't be counted on the list of fully satisfied customers. Hopefully the new extrusions will fit properly.
If you can post few pic's?
Some times after drilling and before screwing
a spec of saw dust can do the damage.
We need to double check everything because the sane time we have
a new and better extruder.
tx
d.