The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Package design advice

Old 09-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
IMO setting the cut width on the UEG should be as easy and accurate as setting the cut width on a TS.
Why not have the saw attach to the UEG the same way the SME sliding cross bars attach to the ez-one? Smooth gliding action and you could implement a reliable rule or digital caliper since you won't have to measure both sides.

Or maybe instead of moving the saw and dealing with fancy brackets or a new base, have a moveable fence complete with micro adjustment screws?

I'm basing this all on the assumption that those SSME rails on the ez-one actually remain square once you move and slide them

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 09-10-2017, 05:47 PM

In my experience the SSME sliding rails only stay sort of square when you've moved them, not square enough to be usable.
On a tool like the UEG the fence has to be pretty darn parallel the blade or it's going to drag. It'd take a pretty sophisticated system to have the Base move and stay exactly parallel the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Why not have the saw attach to the UEG the same way the SME sliding cross bars attach to the ez-one? Smooth gliding action and you could implement a reliable rule or digital caliper since you won't have to measure both sides.

Or maybe instead of moving the saw and dealing with fancy brackets or a new base, have a moveable fence complete with micro adjustment screws?

I'm basing this all on the assumption that those SSME rails on the ez-one actually remain square once you move and slide them
Old 09-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
In my experience the SSME sliding rails only stay sort of square when you've moved them, not square enough to be usable.

Well there goes that idea.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...