The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 10-02-2017, 10:49 PM

Default EZ-One Guide Rail Removal - Need to Square Each Time?

I've been looking at the EZ-One Raised Top Kit (like the Smart Table - which I DO have - with folding table legs) as a way to save space in a small shop (yet to actually be built in my retirement house).

Clearly its use requires me to remove the guide rail before use ... which leads me to wonder if removal and replacement of the guide rail on the EZ-One requires re-squaring of the rail each time.

Even if you said it self-aligns each time I know I'd check the squareness with each use. A few years back I didn't check squareness before a project it was only after cutting much of the plywood that I realized that somehow my saw was moved away from the 90 degree miter setting - all the cuts were a little bit off of 90 degrees. Ahhhhh! So now I check every time, even if very quickly.

Seems to me like removing the guide rail from the EZ-One for each use of the UEG or a non-EZ-One guide rail would be kind of a pain, and I'd be better off sticking with the Smart Table. I've actually been contemplating the thought of trying to create a tilting (not sure if that's the right word) smart table - to make loading plywood easier in my old age (still working on getting old, as I write this).

Eventually I plan to build a clamping table much like the one (formerly?) sold on Eurekazone, but using the new double T-tracks (leaving the two outside 24" & 48" tracks raised and the other 24" tracks routed level or just below the surface. I already bought the tracks! :-) Maybe I should just set it up so I can slide vertical sacrificial boards into those T-Tracks and use that instead of the Smart Table?

The EZ Smart possibilities seem endless (I'm learning Dino).

Ken K.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:11 AM

Honestly, like a machinist you need to check your setting after any tear down.

Plywood lift.

http://www.tracksawforum.com/showpos...0&postcount=19
Old 10-04-2017, 01:09 PM

I think you're on the right track!

Seriously, I've had similar concerns about keeping the track square. My solution was to fasten bolts in the track as indexing pins. They remain when I remove the bridge. When replacing the bridge, I simply place it against the bolts. A quick double check for square and I'm ready to cut in seconds.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracedfar View Post
I think you're on the right track!
That was indeed an EZ Smart pun!!

Thanks for the advice!

Ken K.