The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 06-17-2013, 12:57 AM

Thanks John, lots of good and fun stuff on that website.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:42 AM

Yes he does go on at times and pushes buying there plans but they did have some good idea's and cheap way to make things.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
I bought EZ's smart table kit last year when I purchased the EZ-One. The smart table concept is super but I wanted more and those things were:

1) something stronger than the plastic rails that would hold up better to heavier material or more pressure and be better suited to other stuff. I found those guys just a little too bendy

2) better mobility so I could move it around my shop (really, out of my wife's side of the garage) to improve workflow or to wheel it on to the truck or round a job site

3) fold easily and quickly to take up minimal horizontal space

My solution involved:
* Use 100 lb drawer slides to mount the sacrificial wood. This created a lot more stability and gave them a longer reach. Allowing me to use both sides of the table if needed.

* Mounting it on the DeWalt hand-truck style miter stand which I'm very fond of. This also effectively gives me three heights to work with. The built in roller supports of the gauge allow you to put one end of a panel the roller walk to the other end and easily scoot it on to the table; the roller supports can also fill in the gap between the end supports (though I'm sure one day I'll forget they are up and make a nasty mess and noise)

* For the end supports, hold down clamps on the aluminum angle mounts created good stability and quick storage; cutting slots in the angle facilitate storing them neatly in parallel

There were a lot of subtle bits but the results fit my requirements. Anyone done something similar?

All parts were cut on my EZ-One.
This is awesome, great for apartment dwellers or others with small spaces. Even a contractor would love something like that.

Awesome!