Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM

FYI to Centipede Tools

The link above the video is dead on your page. It is the one that says:

"Be among the first to own a Centipede Sawhorse by by pre-ordering one today."
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centipede Tools View Post
@bigjohn1: We never showed the clamps being removed because it didn't occur to us that would be a deal breaker or perceived as us trying to hide something... Also, the unit shown in the video is entirely made of prototype material, so it wouldn't have been particularly representative of the final components anyway. We have a prototype concept made with printed plastic parts that holds up a couple of overweight guys as shown in the picture. We remain confident of its durability...

@samwe: Thanks for your interest. Let us know if you have any questions.
Good luck.

welcome to the forum.

ycf d
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM

@jswingchun: Thanks for the tip! Sheesh, you'd think I'd have error tested it... (Had http://http:// at the front end...)

@Dino: Thank you, its great to be here! I appreciate being allowing to interact and answer questions as they come up. Thanks for the luck!

@Philphoto: Thanks for your encouragement. You are already thinking like we're thinking. There is a ton of stuff we can do with this and tabletops is very near the top of the list. It works great as a portable workstation base, but now we need to develop a collapsible table top that is every bit as sturdy as the base. One thing at a time!

EDIT: Since we're on the second page of comments in this thread, I hope nobody minds me adding the link to our campaign so it is easier to find...
http://igg.me/at/centipede-sawhorse/x/3621241
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 PM

Default One thought

I know you have been gearing the table toward the woodworkers, but you might consider another or additional track. Farmers Markets. Your unit will support a sales table, and you can make other sized or shaped tables for displays and hanging racks. We work two farmers markets for our sharpening and my wife's embroidered garments. Something to sit on , hang from, display on, and yet portable, light weight, fast up, fast down. It also looks like a guy can make the table longer or shorter by how far you pull it out or not.

Just a suggestion. I happen to be struggling with the display issue at the moment so market problems are foremost in my thoughts.

Phil
Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the tip and you are absolutely correct. Here is one of the photos that we set up for when brainstorming the potential uses that is similar to a farmers market set up. Its a bit tongue in cheek, but you get the idea...

At this point, we're just going with what we know. Technically, we think our primary market at this stage is contractors, but we're not particularly well connected there. We know woodworkers will find it interesting, but we definitely don't think it is going to be our largest demographic. Its just where we're best connected from our previous job.

I'll start looking into how to reach out to farmer's markets. At this crowdfunding stage, everything is a toss up, we just hope we can garner enough attention to get it into production. Once we are there, we can send samples around to get the word out in all potential markets and get folks with audiences to demo and review it. I'm also anxiously dreaming for the day when I can leave my day job, fill up my trunk with samples and sell these babies one unit at a time. We've shown the prototype to a lot of people and the response is universal. Its just a bit harder to get that same level of passion via video online...

Final note: Similar to the farmers markets crowd, we think that the tradeshow industry is going to love them as well. Imagine how much time the folks at The Woodworking Shows and similar events would save if tearing down their display tables was this easy and compact?

Thanks again for your feedback! I'll see if I can't scare up some crowd funding there...
Old 06-27-2013, 12:36 AM

Default One in the same

I was thinking of the trade show, event, display, kiosk, sign makers -- when I brought up the farmers market. The farmers market is very hot right now but the folks that display in a FM are very much like the other uses. My son owns a sign shop and sign guys prepare point of purchase displays along with trade show booths. The FM, craft fairs, county and state fairs, sidewalk vendors often get their tables and display items through a sign or banner shop. That specialized market may be easier to get your toehold into. Specialized products have better profit margin (nothing to compare it to). Specialized resellers are always looking for new ways to build bigger sales, and they have very few options to build with. Specialized product with a better profit margin allows the inventors time to acquire cash for further development, into larger markets.

Just a few thoughts,
Phil
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 AM

The other thing we like about this market is already built into the system. With the rotatable P-Tops, a telescoping sign post system would be an easy add on component to design and source. Your table top and your marketing banner space all in one.

Thanks again for this feedback. Good stuff!!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:40 AM

Now you also need some type of table top to go with the frame. For the farmer's market and trade show crowd it could be some type of light weight plastic - even better if it could fold up to something small and easy to transport.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 AM

That is definitely the next thing we'll be developing. This was already on the agenda, but we had been fairly dismissive as we were discussing and brainstorming all the potential accessories we would be developing. However, it appears that this concept will be moving to the top of the list!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 PM

Default Centipede Giveaways

FYI - We have added a few opportunities to get a free Centipede sawhorse, including one that does not require a purchase. You can get more information on our campaign page here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/th.../x/3621241#win