The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 12-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Default Banquet table legs

I ordered the DIY multiform table kit. There are no directions on how/where to mount the banquet table legs. I sent an e-mail to Eurekazone and no help! I notice there is some blue painters tape with X's marked on them. I'm looking for dimensions/pictures on how to mount the legs. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 PM

I have mounted many sets of table legs to tables, shooting rests, and portable stages yet never a smart table. It should be a fairly simple process even if you haven't done it before. I would lay out your 24X48" top and position your legs in the folded position (legs pointing to the center) and set them in a spot that keeps the legs from touching each other when folded. I assume this can be done without actually ever seeing one in person. If working with the 48" length I would position the mounts as far apart as possible although the final spot shouldn't be super critical with that short of a span. If your are still unsure of the positioning, only secure with half of the mounting hardware, unfold the legs and see how it looks. If not happy, unscrew, reposition and re-secure. Hope this helps!

Rod
Old 12-16-2013, 12:35 AM

Here's a link to a set of instructions at rockler. Click on the "tech specs" tab and you'll see the link for the pdf.
http://www.rockler.com/banquet-table...-or-bench-legs

I mounted some of these legs a while back (not from EZ) and it was easy. I used them with the old smart table kit. I put a couple of window lift handles I had around on the bottom on two sides to make it easy to swing around and carry. When you mount the legs you may want to allow for this. It worked so well, I later put them on all four sides (on underneath side). Here's a picture of the type, though you could use any handle you have.
http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-571080...h+window+lifts

I don't have this table available or I'd post a pic.

Last edited by Goblu; 12-16-2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 AM

Ivanhoe and Goblu, thank you, very helpful. Laney, from Eurekazone did contact me today. So, I'm good!
Goblu, great idea about adding handles!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Can you share what Laney suggested

I mounted the legs over the weekend, figuring it out as I went along. I ended up with one a bit skewed due to bends in the metal, but it's stable so I'm leaving it. I also had to subtly lessen the angle on the part of the legs that has the little rise that fits into the hole when the legs are opened. Subtly as in with two plumber's wrenches Before I did that I couldn't for the life of me get the legs to open.

Anyway, the decision point that confused me for a while is that the legs that lie closest to the table run into the screws for the rotating rails, if you place them right in the middle of the table. I ended up placing them in-board of those (so just over 6" from the ends of the table).

Sven, any chance you could post the info that Laney gave you?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 PM

deeraeya, here you go.

Step 1
Remove the legs from the package they arrived in.
Do not unfold the legs until the final step.
turn the table top (or plywood) upside down so the bottom of your table is facing up

Step 2
at one end of the table lay one leg set in the desired mounting position.
Make sure the feet are facing in towards the center of the table.

Step 3
Do the same for the other set of legs at the other end of the table.

Step 4
Make sure the legs are centered from side to side on the table.
make sure they are evenly spaced from each end of the table.

Step 5
With the legs now in position with a pencil or marking tool, mark the mounting holes that are covered with tape and identified with an X.
If for some reason your holes are not marked. for each leg set you will use the outer oblong holes on the legs brackets.
For the outside brackets you will use the two outer holes, and for the inside brackets you will use the center oblong hole.

Step 6
once marked drill the the holes through the table using a 5/16" drill bit (7.9375 mm)
from the top side of the table insert the provided t-nut into the whole (if desired, you can countersink the head of the t-nut flush with the table top.
from the underside insert the large head furniture connector bolts in through the bracket and screw into the hole and t-nut.

Step 7
Once the legs are mounted. they can now be opened
turn the table right side up and making sure the legs are locked into their open position.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Likelyy obvious but if your table legs overlap when closed you need to offset them slightly when mounting (Step 4)
Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Likelyy obvious but if your table legs overlap when closed you need to offset them slightly when mounting (Step 4)
This is not necessary on the Eurekazone banquet legs as one of the legs has taller mounting brackets than the other. So, they are made to fold over top of each other.