The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 AM

I'd like to see an extension that could work like an expanding table so it would be easy to change the length when needed. Something like this should be pretty easy to do.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrell View Post
I'd like to see an extension that could work like an expanding table so it would be easy to change the length when needed. Something like this should be pretty easy to do.
Derrell, here are a couple of pics showing my PBB (custom power workbench). It uses slide-in modules to increase the length and/or width of the workbench. Or, if I only need a smallish workbench, I can just use one of the modules as a workbench. The ability to quickly/easily expand/contract/reconfigure the workbench has been invaluable.
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB extension 1.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	6502   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB extension 2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	6503   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB extension 3.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	6504   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB sliding modules-  rip.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	6505  
Old 10-15-2014, 11:36 AM

As most of my projects start with a sheet (or more) of plywood, I use the UEG initially to break the sheet down into manageable pieces and then go from there - currently using the Cabinet Maker to cut the "strips to length" but still planning to build a PBB once I have caught up on the "Honey-Do" list. I started with the Smart Table but was disappointed with the lack of support when working with full sheets. I even bought up EZ's remaining inventory of the plastic extrusions, planning to make a longer table, but finally gave in and build the grid top shown - works perfectly, I can slide the sheet out of the truck directly onto the top, cut to width with the UEG and then cut to length with the Cabinet Maker. After I'm done, the grid is disassembled and the saw horses stowed away. I have to admit that I'm holding on to my Unisaw as it's so easy to set up for rips on long boards, plus there are other functions that would be way more difficult on the EZ One - one example is making the rails and stiles for flat panel doors. It takes less that 5 minutes to be set up to rip the grooves; set the blade height, mount the feather board into the miter slot and you're ready to go. The stub tenons on the rail are cut on the router table.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3033.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	6506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3034.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	6507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3035.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	6508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2399.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	6509  
Old 10-31-2014, 02:45 AM

Default Versatility of EZ-One

I have some old SME's from the early days of Eurekazone that I have adapted as an extension to my EZ-One in any configurations, crosscut or ripping (cutting lengthwise 8' section). I prefer to use the UEG/Ripsizer when the need arises to rip plywood these days. But the versatility of my EZ-One can be transformed in so many ways for the tasks at hand. Very ez to do.

Art
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	6514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1728.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	6515   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1726.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	6516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1725.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	6517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1724.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	6518  

Old 10-11-2015, 02:53 AM

I made a super-sized ez-one by ordering extra components for the existing EZ one before they came out with the new model. The problem I had was with the extrusions but when I suggested a long one piece rail i was told that this was not a viable option. Of course the new one has a longer one piece extrusion!! Since I had suggested it a year earlier I inquired as the wether upgrading to the one piece rail was doable and they said of course it was, in exchange for $320!!! Given this type of customer service and some other things I've seen on this site I fear Eureka Zone's days are numbered.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:29 AM

The extrusion is $22.40/ft I wonder how you get to $320. Though since it would be too long for UPS packaging and shipping would be expensive. If you're shipping it by truck you better build a crate for it or it'll end up bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abldr View Post
I made a super-sized ez-one by ordering extra components for the existing EZ one before they came out with the new model. The problem I had was with the extrusions but when I suggested a long one piece rail i was told that this was not a viable option. Of course the new one has a longer one piece extrusion!! Since I had suggested it a year earlier I inquired as the wether upgrading to the one piece rail was doable and they said of course it was, in exchange for $320!!! Given this type of customer service and some other things I've seen on this site I fear Eureka Zone's days are numbered.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abldr View Post
Hi.
We are disappointed to see your comments on the track saw forum, we strive hard to deliver good customer service and value. A year ago the longest extrusion that we could guarantee consistency was 80". To enable longer lengths for a variety of purposes we changed extruders and retooled our whole product line. After testing the new extruder and we saw that the delivery was done with care...we can now offer the longer tracks but only after crating and shipping via common carrier at very high cost.
This enabled us to build the EZ-1 Max, offer longer guiderail lengths and will support additional new products in our plans. We have listened to our customers and had many requests for one piece longer lengths. These long lengths do require special packing and shipping to ensure they arrive undamaged.
On the other hand, our connection system is very strong and the only system using 3 connectors, providing a suitable option for many situations and they continue to be in demand. The EZ-1 Max is a substantially bigger and heavier table in all dimensions, it is not just a longer EZ-1.
We value our customers and users, and would like to find a more palatable solution for you. It is unclear what you mean by upgrading? Is it your desire to send back the tracks in exchange for the one piece track? Given the utility of our tracks and the likelihood they are now used it is likely best that you keep the track to either make enhancements to your bench, jigs or other tools or sell the track through EBay or other if you prefer
Either way, please contact me if you wish to discuss further.

Thanks.