The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2016, 02:37 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 548
Default Folding MFT legs?

I saw the new EZ-One folding legs being discussed here, so I gave it a look on facebook. I just want to reiterate (already posted there) that i'd really really really love a folding leg solution for my MFT.

I purchased the MFT back in (i think?) mid '13 when it was first released in limited quantity, with the bridge package. I set it up, made a mental note about how great it was, then... Never really used it. I actually don't even see the MFT for sale anymore, so i'm not sure what happened with that

I'm very limited on space, so I could never leave the table assembled. Putting the legs back on and squaring everything seemed like too much effort for the quick 30 minute projects i'd do. I've actually never even used my bridge yet!

In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Tracedfar Tracedfar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Balko, OK
Posts: 192
Default

"In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it."

Ditto!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2016, 10:15 AM
mrstop mrstop is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 32
Default

Agree. I would love to have folding leg options for any of the tables including the MFT and EZ one!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Mike Goetzke Mike Goetzke is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
I saw the new EZ-One folding legs being discussed here, so I gave it a look on facebook. I just want to reiterate (already posted there) that i'd really really really love a folding leg solution for my MFT.

I purchased the MFT back in (i think?) mid '13 when it was first released in limited quantity, with the bridge package. I set it up, made a mental note about how great it was, then... Never really used it. I actually don't even see the MFT for sale anymore, so i'm not sure what happened with that

I'm very limited on space, so I could never leave the table assembled. Putting the legs back on and squaring everything seemed like too much effort for the quick 30 minute projects i'd do. I've actually never even used my bridge yet!

In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it

Don't know if this will help but I store my self made PBB using a lift system and had to include folding legs:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....ghlight=EZ-one


Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2016, 04:56 AM
philb philb is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 147
Default New Product!!

Don't know if anyone was looking at the EurekaZone store? There is a new product called "The Journeyman" and it has folding legs!! Sort of a combination of the EZ1 and the Clamping Table.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezjrny.htm

Take a look! It might be just what you have been wanting. At a special introductory price as well.
__________________
Phillip
Forum Administrator
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2016, 12:53 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Don't know if this will help but I store my self made PBB using a lift system and had to include folding legs:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....ghlight=EZ-one

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting that great solution! Unfortunately, my storage is so limited that I already have overhead bins taking up space


Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Don't know if anyone was looking at the EurekaZone store? There is a new product called "The Journeyman" and it has folding legs!! Sort of a combination of the EZ1 and the Clamping Table.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezjrny.htm

Take a look! It might be just what you have been wanting. At a special introductory price as well.
It is beautiful, but i cannot afford another $800 just to have folding legs
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...

Last edited by tofu; 02-27-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:33 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 548
Default

Anything new?
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-10-2016, 01:11 AM
Tracedfar Tracedfar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Balko, OK
Posts: 192
Default

It is probably possible to get the folding legs , or the hinges, of the Journeyman and connect them to your own PBB. Like others, I can't justify $800 just for folding legs.

However, I did see where the new Benchmark Workbench will be available in September. I might be willing to shell out a few hundred for it. Looks pretty slick.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 548
Default

that benchmark table does look pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to mount anything to it (miter saw, vise, etc..)

Although I must admit, i'd like to stay with the EZ family. Not sure how i'd mount my bridge on the benchmark.
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Tracedfar Tracedfar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Balko, OK
Posts: 192
Default

From the pics I've seen, it might be possible attach SME's to each end making it easy to attach the bridge. It supposedly will be available this fall. Just have to wait and see what the final product is like, as well as, the cost.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.