The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 02-20-2016, 02:37 PM

Default Folding MFT legs?

I saw the new EZ-One folding legs being discussed here, so I gave it a look on facebook. I just want to reiterate (already posted there) that i'd really really really love a folding leg solution for my MFT.

I purchased the MFT back in (i think?) mid '13 when it was first released in limited quantity, with the bridge package. I set it up, made a mental note about how great it was, then... Never really used it. I actually don't even see the MFT for sale anymore, so i'm not sure what happened with that

I'm very limited on space, so I could never leave the table assembled. Putting the legs back on and squaring everything seemed like too much effort for the quick 30 minute projects i'd do. I've actually never even used my bridge yet!

In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 02-21-2016, 09:18 PM

"In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it."

Ditto!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Agree. I would love to have folding leg options for any of the tables including the MFT and EZ one!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
I saw the new EZ-One folding legs being discussed here, so I gave it a look on facebook. I just want to reiterate (already posted there) that i'd really really really love a folding leg solution for my MFT.

I purchased the MFT back in (i think?) mid '13 when it was first released in limited quantity, with the bridge package. I set it up, made a mental note about how great it was, then... Never really used it. I actually don't even see the MFT for sale anymore, so i'm not sure what happened with that

I'm very limited on space, so I could never leave the table assembled. Putting the legs back on and squaring everything seemed like too much effort for the quick 30 minute projects i'd do. I've actually never even used my bridge yet!

In short, PLEASE make the MFT legs foldable. I'd like to be able to quickly deploy and use it

Don't know if this will help but I store my self made PBB using a lift system and had to include folding legs:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....ghlight=EZ-one

Mike
Old 02-27-2016, 04:56 AM

Default New Product!!

Don't know if anyone was looking at the EurekaZone store? There is a new product called "The Journeyman" and it has folding legs!! Sort of a combination of the EZ1 and the Clamping Table.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezjrny.htm

Take a look! It might be just what you have been wanting. At a special introductory price as well.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Don't know if this will help but I store my self made PBB using a lift system and had to include folding legs:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread....ghlight=EZ-one

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting that great solution! Unfortunately, my storage is so limited that I already have overhead bins taking up space

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Don't know if anyone was looking at the EurekaZone store? There is a new product called "The Journeyman" and it has folding legs!! Sort of a combination of the EZ1 and the Clamping Table.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezjrny.htm

Take a look! It might be just what you have been wanting. At a special introductory price as well.
It is beautiful, but i cannot afford another $800 just to have folding legs

Last edited by tofu; 02-27-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:33 PM

Anything new?

Old 05-10-2016, 01:11 AM

It is probably possible to get the folding legs , or the hinges, of the Journeyman and connect them to your own PBB. Like others, I can't justify $800 just for folding legs.

However, I did see where the new Benchmark Workbench will be available in September. I might be willing to shell out a few hundred for it. Looks pretty slick.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 PM

that benchmark table does look pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to mount anything to it (miter saw, vise, etc..)

Although I must admit, i'd like to stay with the EZ family. Not sure how i'd mount my bridge on the benchmark.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:37 PM

From the pics I've seen, it might be possible attach SME's to each end making it easy to attach the bridge. It supposedly will be available this fall. Just have to wait and see what the final product is like, as well as, the cost.