The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 06-08-2016, 06:36 AM

Default NEW! Folding legs for the EZ1

I received some photos of the new folding legs for the EZ1. I have not personally seen the new leg style but it seems that the leadership at EurekaZone is really listening to us and trying to meet our needs.

The new folding legs are styled similar to the Journeyman but with stronger supports and more adjustments. (See photos 1 & 2) The new leg will have the same height as before, but they will drop down about 6"(see photo 3).

The new legs look sturdier and the folding will increase the utility of the system. Add to the new leg design a greatly reinforced squaring brace (see photo 4) and we should have to re-square the unit fewer times.

SORRY! No price yet and I do not have a date for purchase to begin. I will let you know as soon as I know. The new management is trying to let us know about products ASAP through the forum. From what I can gather, we the forum members will be hearing about product well ahead of release. The new legs and a few other exciting new products will be shown to us on the forum very soon. There are new product releases planned for late summer and early fall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	6892   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	6893   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 3.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	6894   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 4.jpg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	6895  
Old 06-08-2016, 06:45 AM

Default NEW! Folding legs for the EZ1 Part 2

As mentioned in my last post -- the new EZ1 folding legs extend to the same height as the fixed EZ1 legs, but the folding legs drop to about 6" shorter. It appears to be the same height as the new Journeyman. In these photos the EurekaZone Staff have included a Skil Brand Table Saw Stand for scale and illustration purposes. Photo 1 is full extension, and photo 2 is about 6" short of the full height.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EZ1 Legs 5.jpg
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	6896   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 6.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	6897  
Old 06-08-2016, 07:52 AM

Being adjustable will definitely be a plus.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 06-08-2016, 02:10 PM

Default adjustable legs

Dik: I agree, and that is the first thing I took a close look at. My EZ1 is 39" floor to top. I have been unable to use my EZ1 very much because there is no way to adjust the height short of cutting the legs to size. EurekaZone seemed to have some sort of penchant for sending the maximum length, and telling us to cut them down. Problem with that is how much do I need to remove? How do you put leg material back if you don't like them that low? Even in the rare chance I get the height right -- what are the chances I would get the leg length uneven? My EZ1 does not have a micro adjustment to balance out the level -- in photo 2 it appears that the new legs have micro adjustable leveling feet. Then you get to the issue of selling the EZ1 at some point in the future -- now you have to find someone that likes the height of my EZ1. Yes! The adjustable legs are a big plus. Thanks for making that point Dik.

I for one, am very happy to see a fully developed products, released in a sane manner, with all of the important developments included before release. Thank you EurekaZone!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EZ1 Legs 3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	6898   Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ1 Legs 2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	6899  
Old 06-08-2016, 08:40 PM

In the future we're going to see a picture of somebody using the EZ1 with folding legs resting rock solid on a set of stairs.

:-D

I'm very interested in a foldable legs upgrade kit if the cost is not too high.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:07 PM

Folding legs are long overdue. They easily increase portability and space savings without compromising capability or stability. Even with increased cost, it will be worth it, especially for smaller and mobile shops. They might have to start calling the Journeyman "Junior".

Now, maybe they can develop a quick, accurate and practical miter system.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracedfar View Post
Now, maybe they can develop a quick, accurate and practical miter system.
And a base that keeps bevels on the same cut line..

But those legs look good. Not sure I care for the added weight and expense of height adjustability though. I don't think I'm going to grow taller any time soon

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 06-10-2016, 04:45 PM

This is similar to the folding legs I have been using for several years - works great! but what I really like is the way the legs are splayed for stability (why didn't I think of that). The adjustable legs are new but where I use my bench adjustability not necessary and looks costly (maybe good option for users that take EZ-1 with them). The solid squaring arm looks nice - I have the turn-buckle on mine.

Also, glad to see they are watching/listening to us.

Mike
Old 06-10-2016, 05:11 PM

Those legs look nicely done. Good idea to have the clamping knobs as well as the pins for height adjustment. So on uneven surfaces you can have the legs at different lengths. I do worry about the cost.
Lack of any communication from EZ has been disheartening. So many promises of new products that never happen. Until it actually happens I'm not believing anything about EZ. Honestly, EZ has to be a textbook case for how to alienate your core customer base. - Sorry for the rant.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:34 PM

Default New Day and a New Way

Sean9c:Lack of any communication from EZ has been disheartening. So many promises of new products that never happen. Until it actually happens I'm not believing anything about EZ. Honestly, EZ has to be a textbook case for how to alienate your core customer base. - Sorry for the rant.

I understand completely, the following are my opinions from working with (not for) EurekaZone for several years.

The new management team is working hard to reverse the old way and mend the damage. The new managers that have been in place coming upon a year very soon, have had their hands full. I have known about the new products and the changes have progressed as the managers have planned. Still on track but not as fast as they would like I am sure. I am pretty certain the new team recognizes that trust must be earned and talk is cheap. I would not expect you to change your thinking right away, but I do point out the changes as they happen so you can see for yourself that progress toward the goal is being made. This is the first time I have been included the information (albeit very limited) loop to any degree. I will pass any information I can, on to you as fast as permitted. This in itself is a BIG change. Information on developments are not tossed about casually. These managers seem to understand that people do not want to hear pipe dreams and wishful thinking. If a product is in beta testing you may hear a few things , but you will not hear about something that does not exist except in someones fantasy!

As soon as I get new product for testing, I will let you know in honest terms what I think. If you haven't read my review on the new Journeyman, I invite you to do so. There are many improvements and I am encouraged knowing the managers and owners really care about us the faithful.