The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 12-01-2016, 06:34 PM

Default Upgrade Multiform Table Kit..

I bought the EZSMART DIY Multiform Table Kit with banquet legs & 4 piece Smart Clamp set about a year ago.. I've used it a lot, it has served me very well, love using the track. I'm thinking of getting the bridge, trying to figure the best route to that...

I've been considering buying SMEs and the new T-Tracks for stops and building a PBB. Also reading about the Master MFMT table? Although I don't see it on the site... Since I already have the raised top kit and track, I was thinking that Master table with the folding legs and top pieces to mount the bridge, and utilize the stops and all that flexibility, that would be a good way to go convert what I have now to.. if I'm understanding this correctly... Is that something that's available, what are your thoughts on this?
Thanks very much for your help,
Jack
Old 12-01-2016, 07:55 PM

My plan is to have two tables - one for cutting (EZ-One) and one for assembly and other work (Clamp Table - though I might make my own using the new T-tracks). Right now I have an EZ-One (not yet assembled due to lmited space, but that will change), and I too am using the original Smart Table, which is the 2x4 plywood with sliding wood rails all on banquet legs. Sometime soon I want to add some plywood slats to the bottom of the 2x4 plywood to prevent possible warping over time.

For the power bench you just need the bridge, the guide rail that goes between the bridge ends - length is up to you, I'd suggest some shortish lengths of SSME on either end to attach the bridge to, and then some kind of squaring fence that is square to the rail.

The reason I got the EZ-One is because I like how it providing all sorts of stopping and clamping capabilities. BTW, I was lucky enough to find a gently used EZ-One. They do come up once in a while!!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Well I'd love to have the EZ-1 but I just can't afford it right now with 2 little ones.
I was just wondering about that Master table which seems a "lite" version of the EZ-1? And so may be less of an expense? I may be misunderstanding..
Old 12-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Default Clamping table

KenK,

I just received a new clamping table while they were on the Pre-Black Friday sale. I have not assembled it yet, due to damage received in shipping, but the top is very heavy duty and top notch. I sent an email several days ago to EZ about it with photos and have not heard back yet. I may end up calling them today. I was amazed at the heft and quality of the table top. So far, I am glad that I purchased it but obviously still have some issues to sort out. The top itself received some damage but some of the corner brackets of the table are nowhere close to 90* due to being damaged during shipment. The irony of it is that the brackets are so strong I am not sure if they are able to bend back into the correct position. Just wanted to let you know that the clamping table is very nice and I would be surprised if the Kreg table is anywhere in the same neighborhood of "robustness" of the EZ Clamping table. I am confident that EZ will make sure that all of this is worked out and so far, I would recommend the table.

take care,
Jim
Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Default new T Track

Aside from my question about the "Master table" which I hope someone can clarify...
If I build my own PBB.. The new T-tracks- can they just be screwed down and then have 1/2" plywood butted up against them on either side- will that be flush?
thx.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:51 PM

Default Newest table

http://www.eurekazone.com/EZ1_Journeyman_p/ezt1001.htm

The link above is to the newest table offered by EurekaZone. It is a 64" rail that cross cuts to 48" and has fixed legs. It is an entry system for those not needing a full EZ1 Max system. The price is much lower as it is on sale for $699.

Whitemtntn: not sure what you are referencing in a "Mastertable" as I can not find "Master" anything. Search function renders the same as nothing found. Not challenging you on any point, but Volusion has been substandard in hosting the store. That is my personal opinion not official EZ response. I included the URL link to help find the new product. If you have a link, I might be able to track down the product and get specific answers.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:18 PM

Found 2 threads about the Multiform Master Table. I still don't know what it is.
http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4433
http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4323
I don't see anything like it on the website. If it was ever actually available it looks like it no longer is.
As far as the new EZ T Track being 1/2" thick and being able to just butt 1/2" ply up to it and having everything flush. I've never found anything to be exactly what it supposed to be. You likely have better luck using thicker ply and dadoing in the correct depth slot to take your track.
As Phil mentioned you might look at the Journeyman at $699. If you are starting from scratch buying EZ components to make a PBB by the time you add those costs up plus your time and material the Journeyman might be pretty reasonable.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:41 PM

Sean9c, that second link your posted is the one I was reading where the whole conversation was about the pros and cons of this Master table...
Old 12-02-2016, 03:52 PM

Default Questions about the Journeyman

I already have a 64" track so I don't really need another one.. Is it possible to buy the Journeyman without the track?

For ripping long sheets, I have the UEG and the raised top kit. Can I slide those raised top modules into the Journeyman for that operation?

The Journeyman has folding legs correct?

The Journeyman does NOT include the bridge, nor any stops correct?

Are the only differences with the EZ-1 the longer guide rail and folding legs?

thx again

Last edited by whitemtntn; 12-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:05 PM

Default Journeyman EZ1

Whitemtntn: I have to admit to a bit of confusion myself. There is a Journeyman, and a Journeyman EZ1. The difference is the Journeyman has folding legs, and the Journeyman EZ1 does not. My Journeyman has bridge and stops, so I am suspecting that yours will also outfit the same. To be sure ask customer service. I know that my plastic raised top sliding holders fit my EZ1 but my Journeyman is at my other house so I can't try them and see. Again, ask customer service. I seem to recall one of our members asking EZ staff about that and one works, and one does not, so be sure to ask, then post your response. I have used both EZ1 and Journeyman. I liked the Journeyman best, but I am disabled, and my opinion might be biased.