The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 AM

Roy
Thank you. with the legs off I can easily lift it into my van. It doesn't fold the legs come off with 2 quick t nuts apiece.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 PM

I have been looking at that 20/80 extrusion not sure of the cost per foot but the system looks pretty good. Not sure how well it would fit in with the EZ extrusion could help in shipping long pieces thats hard to ship from the US and I can buy here in Canada maybe even pickup if not to far away. At least until Dino has someone in Canada would be nice to keep it all the same.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hi Guys.
This thread can be dedicated to low priced PBB's
Here is one fully functional and easy to build using your ez tracks.
This one was build in 30 minutes using old and used SME's.
The results? The cuts was the same as the latest Super Powerbench,
If you like to save money, this is the way to go.
You don't even need all the SME's shown on this frame.
You can screw the Bridge on one small SME, ( ask for free scraps with the B-300)

The design is very simple and similar to the original PBB.
1. Make a frame/tabletop using 3/4" ply and use 4 corner pieces to square the top.
Use (3-4) 1''x3"s or 1"x4"s as cross members to keep the top flat.
2. Use your own bolts washers and nuts. If you don't have the right hardware, ask for free nuts and bolts.
Don't be afraid to ask for small stuff that you may lose hours on the hardware store.
3. Use the squaring stops to align the top SME to the frame.
4 and 5. Good to have 4 SME's perpendicular to the bridge rail. 48" long.
If you need additional lengths, you can always buy low priced small pieces or we may have some scrap that you can use.
Use any screws to attach the top SME's. In this one I use pan-head type 3/4" long.
Sorry, I don't think I'm envisioning how this works exactly. Wouldn't the perpendicular SMEs be in the way of your cut, if say, the blade depth is 1/4" below your material?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:39 PM

You cut right throough the sne it doesn't hurt it. your cut line stays in the same spot if you only cut 1/4 inch into the sme it is fine.
Andy
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Banned

Cutting through SME's is not a problem (they are deep enough, unless your using a large saw and fail to set the depth lever, you shouldn't have to worry).
I couldn't find the link, but Burt posted a homemade one, where he used a wooden replaceable cut strip.
Also, one could just as easily, place either a SME or SSME under the antichip, and fill it with foam, or the wood Dino shown in a video before.

The big thing is think how you would like it then try to build accordingly.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Default Wood

Never did here back on how the wood was going instead of the foam Randal. Dino has so many things going on now it's hard to keep up.
I hear the ripsizer is doing well and so it should.Then there is the new u-clamp out of the twin. Story stick that looks cool, and I'm sure there is more on the go on yes a mini EZ one I think also.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDA View Post
Sorry, I don't think I'm envisioning how this works exactly. Wouldn't the perpendicular SMEs be in the way of your cut, if say, the blade depth is 1/4" below your material?
I was going to make one like this but I talked myself into a EZ-one also cleared it with the boss and she said go for it such a sweet heart lol.

After you have been around for awhile you will see and find many ways to go but it's hard to pick the best route.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned

When it comes to hearing an idea from Dino, your best bet is to put down your old methods and come up with your own idea's (what he keeps trying to convince us, instead of using the old ways). Dino takes an idea and works with it for a LONG time, before we EVER get to see the results.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
When it comes to hearing an idea from Dino, your best bet is to put down your old methods and come up with your own idea's (what he keeps trying to convince us, instead of using the old ways). Dino takes an idea and works with it for a LONG time, before we EVER get to see the results.
Yes I guess there is a reason for that now with the way the law is going no need to get shot down before you even start.

The Items I see from EZ just blow my mind and to think there is still room for new items to come out when we thing there is nothing left its all been done.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Yes I guess there is a reason for that now with the way the law is going no need to get shot down before you even start.

The Items I see from EZ just blow my mind and to think there is still room for new items to come out when we thing there is nothing left its all been done.
Something I watched as a kid (tv show Connections), had a resurgence a few years back. One of the concepts was idea's aren't generally new. They are stolen and tried in new ways. Change occurs when things are brought together that were never brought together before, then 1+1=3. You might enjoy it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hrSRn_RYGA