The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 PM

Default New EZ web site?

Is that a revised Eurekazone web site, or have I just been over looking some pretty neat sales and marketing tools that have been on the site all along?

The EZ-One Power Bench tab looks the same, but the content looks a bit updated? I hope I'm not having a senior moment!

I wrote Dino about some problems and suggestions for the site, but his mail box is full at the moment. I used to review marketing web sites for one of my newsletters and owned one for about 12 years.

The best news is that they're not trying to replace this vBulletin (the best for message boards) message board with a Facebook page.

vBulletin can be complex to setup, update and administer, but it's what the pros use.
My goal and plan: This will be a relatively healthy (low dust, max safety) hobby shop that makes hard wood picture frame moldings, furniture, some interior house trim, doors & remodeling, new deck floors. Minimize accessories by buying right tool systems. Planned use 5 to 10 hours a week, more on bigger projects.

Last edited by Oldedit; 04-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldedit View Post
Is that a revised Eurekazone web site, or have I just been over looking some pretty neat sales and marketing tools that have been on the site all along?

The EZ-One Power Bench tab looks the same, but the content looks a bit updated? I hope I'm not having a senior moment!

I wrote Dino about some problems and suggestions for the site, but his mail box is full at the moment. I used to review marketing web sites for one of my newsletters and owned one for about 12 years.

The best news is that they're not trying to replace this vBulletin (the best for message boards) message board with a Facebook page.

vBulletin can be complex to setup, update and administer, but it's what the pros use.
There is a new Eurekazone Website in the works. This will be a complete revision and looks fantastic - I have seen portions of it. Timing - when it is ready and not before!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
There is a new Eurekazone Website in the works. This will be a complete revision and looks fantastic - I have seen portions of it. Timing - when it is ready and not before!
Ok, I just took a look at some existing features that I had overlooked while studying the various products. So this site is better than I thought, I guess.
My goal and plan: This will be a relatively healthy (low dust, max safety) hobby shop that makes hard wood picture frame moldings, furniture, some interior house trim, doors & remodeling, new deck floors. Minimize accessories by buying right tool systems. Planned use 5 to 10 hours a week, more on bigger projects.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 PM

Yes I have seen the program and it look good not sure when they will be on line.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldedit View Post

I agree OE this is the best program don't like facebook much even though I'm on it to tell others about Karaoke nights. Its is a big deal they make a lot of bucks go figure.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Woody View Post
Te new site looks better.

Still a complete dearth of critical information, though, even for the most basic of questions.

How is Dino actually selling product? I seriously don't get it.

You are kidding right. How did you buy the first time in that case.
I did ask you where do they have info in the way you like to see it.
Can there be a place like that on this earth.

Some days its like wiping a dead horse
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 AM

That great well i have seen that program i like it buddy what do you say about it ????
Old 10-18-2013, 12:41 PM

Default Some suggestions for the new site

The site is much better than before. Still a few weaknesses. Here are some suggestions to make the site even better.

1. Have a complete list of all products somewhere and put a link on the side to it. Perhaps on the bottom near the instructions. This would help people who want add-ons to existing systems, individual parts, like a second repeater or another base for the SSRK. It would save staff time in answering these calls. The way I use such a list online is very easy, I just do a page search through my browser and it's much speedier than the search box etc. Also, if someone forgets the name of an item, which is easy to do, they can scan the list. Plus, it's hard to remember which things are grouped together. LIke the seven-way stops. Also, if I lose one, can I buy them singly? I tried to find them as a group and it was not easy. Which category are they under? A complete products list would act like an index. Or two lists, one grouped by function and another alphabetical. Just lists with links. This is my top recommendation.

2. Make a link to all instructional videos, or put them in the instructions page. Again, it is frustrating to have to search for these, only to discover there is not a video, or instructions or both.

3. Perhaps a video/and instruction archive for old versions of a product. Like the old EZ-one instructions or Smart table. Kind of like the old craftsman instruction booklets you can find online, and I'm always, always grateful for them. You can note "this item has been replaced by a newer version." You can keep this on the back pages in customer support and a link at the bottom of the current product instructions.

Why? It will be a huge timesaver for staff as the business grows!

Why? I often get frustrated by looking for information and finding instead marketing pieces. It makes me want to tear my hair! Not with EZ, mind you, but with something like a computer or tool. I really hate many of the tool manufacturers websites. You can't find a darn bit of information on them and have to call their tech support for the smallest details, during work hours, to boot. You can still do the marketing-type easy to comprehend at a glance on the top layer without shortchanging the information. The marketing stuff serves a purpose, but only if the information is there, too. Perhaps some database software would help automate it.

Eurekazone appeals to people who like to "figure stuff out" and creative people who like to find new uses and ways to do things. Well, smart tools for smart people Of course, we have the forum, which is fabulous for new people getting started and has amazing individuals to inspire us. An information-dense eurekazone site would complement this. The slicker marketing pieces are ok to start and at the top layer of the site. But great, detailed information lets you know what you are buying and how to add on to it, what sizes there are, which extrusions, etc.

My two cents. . .

Last edited by Goblu; 10-18-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling, clarification
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM

That is good sage advice. Thanks for putting you two cents in.
PowerBench to Smart Table
EZ Track System 64"
SSRK
Smart Clamps
Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 AM

Exclamation You Bet'chum Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey49 View Post
That is good sage advice. Thanks for putting you two cents in.
Will someone please listen to Katie...