The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-21-2014, 01:47 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,233
Default

Specs are up.
Call EZ? Never would have thought of that, it's their website you'd think they'd know what the put on it.
Do you represent EZ? Feels like you're scolding us for not being patient, not sure that idea is a winner. Sure isn't with me.
I think everyone has been very patient. It's easy to go back through Dino's posts and see what was promised when. Is waiting 2 years passed when the EZ Saw was promised long enough? Think about it, people made commitments to EZ based on what was promised. EZ didn't hold up their end.
New owners, new priorities, whatever. To customers EZ is EZ not Dino's EZ compared to the new peoples EZ. It's not rocket science to understand that if a company wants to be successful it needs to communicate with it's customers.
I don't look at Facebook, I did look at the EZ page, the last post from someone other than EZ was 6 weeks ago. EZ posts sales flyers there. Same with email, sales flyers. I think you can argue that the two way communication between EZ and the Forum was at least partially responsible for the development of EZ. They've traded that for one way communication.
Not sure I understand your reasoning that the new EZ Saw doesn't need an integral EZ Base because EZ already offers the EZ Base. Isn't that like saying that Ford doesn't need to offer a new improved model because they already have an older model out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
Non-EZ Ready Saw: http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezcs0172515.htm

EZ Ready Saw: http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezrs0172515.htm

Did anyone call the office in Ocala when the specs weren't originally posted to let them know? This might have been the better way to go about it.

Seriously, patience needs to be in order. There is more (good) going on with Eurekazone outside this forum than is being announced here. The forum is not currently being used as it had been. Facebook and email blasts have become the preferred way to make announcements.

Also, with the UEG as a key part of the current EZSMART product line, a standard circular saw makes more sense. This way it can utilize the current Smart Base. The adjustable base is still in development in order to get it to work best universally. A dedicated rear plunge saw would ultimately be awesome but other things have shifted to the top of the priority list.

Patience people.

Joe


Disclaimer: Current collaborator/consultant to Eurekazone
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,090
Default

Hi guys.
Patents and IP was the main reason not to go with the ez plunge saw.
Working to solve the issue but it takes time.
The new ez-saw offers many features and is priced right.
A new base will solve the bevel-common cut isue.

thanks.
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-22-2014, 12:34 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,233
Default

Just saying the new saw has many features doesn't say anything.
How about getting Laney or someone to do a video review of the new saw and it's features, so we understand what those features are.
Once again a promise of a new product without a timeline.
What is the eta of the new base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hi guys.
Patents and IP was the main reason not to go with the ez plunge saw.
Working to solve the issue but it takes time.
The new ez-saw offers many features and is priced right.
A new base will solve the bevel-common cut isue.

thanks.
dino
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 AM
bigjohn1 bigjohn1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Specs are up.
Call EZ? Never would have thought of that, it's their website you'd think they'd know what the put on it.
Do you represent EZ? Feels like you're scolding us for not being patient, not sure that idea is a winner. Sure isn't with me.
I think everyone has been very patient. It's easy to go back through Dino's posts and see what was promised when. Is waiting 2 years passed when the EZ Saw was promised long enough? Think about it, people made commitments to EZ based on what was promised. EZ didn't hold up their end.
New owners, new priorities, whatever. To customers EZ is EZ not Dino's EZ compared to the new peoples EZ. It's not rocket science to understand that if a company wants to be successful it needs to communicate with it's customers.
I don't look at Facebook, I did look at the EZ page, the last post from someone other than EZ was 6 weeks ago. EZ posts sales flyers there. Same with email, sales flyers. I think you can argue that the two way communication between EZ and the Forum was at least partially responsible for the development of EZ. They've traded that for one way communication.
Not sure I understand your reasoning that the new EZ Saw doesn't need an integral EZ Base because EZ already offers the EZ Base. Isn't that like saying that Ford doesn't need to offer a new improved model because they already have an older model out there?

I would have to agree here been waiting a long time in any case we will keep an eye on whats going on was looking for a saw by this time with a base and ready to go with NO setup plug and play kinda thing. Things are very slow in Florida for sure.
__________________
John....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-20-2016, 04:59 PM
kbaker6253 kbaker6253 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Smile EZ Saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblu View Post
I'm hoping it's just growing pains and it gets straightened out soon. There are some good things going on but things like no details on the saw are worrying. Also, I noticed that Home Depot was carrying the saw base, but now it's out of stock. I don't think they sold the track with it, though since there's no listing on the HD website.

A nice package offered by Home Depot like having the saw be track ready and sold with the track, clamps, etc. would go a long way toward making Eurekazone fill an important niche. A well made but reasonably priced package to start, with the opportunity to expand. Perhaps then they can offer a higher end saw like the one Dino was working on.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will move ahead.
I'm new here and interested in getting back into woodworking, from a long layoff (my youth). I need almost everything, including a circular saw. I am interested in the EZ system and am looking at the EZ saw as a good way to get into the system. These less than flattering reviews are outdated now. What is the current thinking on the EZ saw now being marketed? Any improvement? If not, what is the current thinking on what saw to buy--the tried and true Makita 5008, or something else. Dust collection is important to me also, since I have sinus conditions. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-20-2016, 10:04 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,233
Default

Did a quick look at the EZ site for EZ Ready Saws and didn't see the EZ saw. Unless I missed something it might not be available. Makita 5007 & 5008 MGA are still at the top of the list. I've gotten more interested in dust collection and have been fooling with it on my Makita. From my experience don't expect dust free or euro tracksaw levels of dust collection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaker6253 View Post
I'm new here and interested in getting back into woodworking, from a long layoff (my youth). I need almost everything, including a circular saw. I am interested in the EZ system and am looking at the EZ saw as a good way to get into the system. These less than flattering reviews are outdated now. What is the current thinking on the EZ saw now being marketed? Any improvement? If not, what is the current thinking on what saw to buy--the tried and true Makita 5008, or something else. Dust collection is important to me also, since I have sinus conditions. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-20-2016, 10:51 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 271
Default

I agree with sean9c. The Makita's seem to be the favored saws - whether you set them up or (like I did) pay Eurekazone to set them up for you (EZ Ready).

Kudos to Eurekazone for putting very clear 90 degree depths of cut in the descriptions - both off track and on track!! It is a great bit of important information for the buyers.

For me the 5007 does fine so long as it will cut through a 2x board (it has a 1-5/8" depth of cut on track).

I also have the Hitachi EZ-Ready saw and it is a great saw, but on the older base (not the current one - I'll be putting the current one on soonish) it just barely will NOT cut cleanly through a 2x board at 90 degrees on track. I have to use a sharp knife to finish the cut.

Last edited by kenk; 08-20-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-20-2016, 11:18 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 271
Default

kbaker,

If you are buying a track (as opposed to going right to the EZ One) I would suggest that you get a 64" track rather than the more often promoted 54" track because it provides a more room for a "good launch pad" for cutting across a 48" width of plywood.

If you want to cut a full 96" length of plywood then I would suggest going with a 64" + 54" combo.

Also, take a look at the EZ Smart Clamp System that allows you to clamp the rail(s) to a small peice of wood (like a 2x4) for SAFE very fine ripping. Its a slick accessory.

I also like the EZ Smart Square (I have the older one that just does 90 degrees - I've read some complaints that its difficult to maintain the current one at 90 degrees), but you may want a short length of rail (54" or even shorter, depending on what you're cutting) to keep that easily managable. Personally I don't use the Square Handle though I have it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-21-2016, 09:08 AM
kbaker6253 kbaker6253 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Did a quick look at the EZ site for EZ Ready Saws and didn't see the EZ saw. Unless I missed something it might not be available. Makita 5007 & 5008 MGA are still at the top of the list. I've gotten more interested in dust collection and have been fooling with it on my Makita. From my experience don't expect dust free or euro tracksaw levels of dust collection.
You're right. I must have been looking at an archived web site. What is your experience with dust collection on your Makita? Are you using the EZ shield/port or something else? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-21-2016, 12:45 PM
kbaker6253 kbaker6253 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
I agree with sean9c. The Makita's seem to be the favored saws - whether you set them up or (like I did) pay Eurekazone to set them up for you (EZ Ready).

Kudos to Eurekazone for putting very clear 90 degree depths of cut in the descriptions - both off track and on track!! It is a great bit of important information for the buyers.

For me the 5007 does fine so long as it will cut through a 2x board (it has a 1-5/8" depth of cut on track).

I also have the Hitachi EZ-Ready saw and it is a great saw, but on the older base (not the current one - I'll be putting the current one on soonish) it just barely will NOT cut cleanly through a 2x board at 90 degrees on track. I have to use a sharp knife to finish the cut.
Thanks Ken. I'll likely go with the 5007 unless someone here can convince me I need the bigger 5008. I probably won't be cutting anything thicker than 2x4s, and the 5007 is cheaper (blades too, and I'm "thrifty"). That, a couple of tracks, and the UEG should do to start. Any other suggestions? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.