The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 05-10-2016, 08:01 PM

Default Recieved my SME

in the comments section of the order I asked that it be cut into two 24" pieces. I guess the comments section of the order is not the right place for such "comments" since I received one 48" piece. No big deal but I need to cut it. My 12" miter saw has a 40 tooth Freud Diablo blade. Is there any issue cross cutting the SME with this blade. Seems folks cut this stuff all the time with 24 tooth rip blades. Maybe I answered my own question.

<<"The center inside the self aligning track of the SME offers an indicator center line for accurate drilling (of) EZ Tools Made from SME:">>. No, it does not. Not that I really need this but if I did I would be irritated.

Oh, even though this is in the "rant" folder I am really very calm and thinking in a soft voice.

Last edited by RISKDR01; 05-10-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 PM

It sure seems to me that it does indicate the center of the SME. But then I have not bought any in a long time. Has that changed?

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 05-10-2016, 11:16 PM

Your blade should work fine. I'm chicken so I clamp aluminum when cutting with a miter saw.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 PM

Default Dick and Sean

It has no line at all. Center or otherwise. They may have had them in the past but mine was smooth with no line. Perhaps the bean counters figured eliminating it could save 42 cents but forgot to tell marketing of the change. This is the kind of stuff that management needs to avoid. It can piss people off and that is never good.

I cut it and yes I did clamp it very well on both ends (belt and suspenders). It cut very nicely. I went slower than I would with wood.

Somewhere in my reading someone (Dik?) setting the bridge bracket top 3/4" below the table top or was that the top of the SME that should be 3/4" below the table top? Also something about bridge being 8" from the table edge. Is that table edge to closest edge of bridge bracket? Fortunately all of this can be adjusted.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:28 AM

The B300 mounting bracket should be about 3/4" below the top surface, this makes the parallelogram open up a bit and makes it easier to lift the bridge from flat against the bench top.

Where you set the bridge assembly relative to the edge of the table is a personal choice, dependent on how you use the EZ-One.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models