The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 12-02-2016, 09:31 PM

Well, in typical EZ fashion the details provided on their website are lacking. It appears, to me anyway, that there is a Journeyman and EZ1 Journeyman. They appear to be the same size. The Journeyman has folding legs but doesn't appear to come with the 7 piece stop kit. The EZ1 Journeyman has fixed legs and comes with the stop kit. What doesn't make sense is that you could buy a Journeyman add the Stop Kit and be at the regular price of the EZ1 Journeyman. So you're getting the folding legs for free.
In the old days (not sure about now) you could have gotten EZ to ship you an EZ1 without the saw track.
Call EZ with your questions
Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 PM

Whitemtntn: I contacted EZ and got the following--

We do post the dimensions of the new extrusions.
Here is the link for your review. http://www.eurekazone.com/T_Track_p/ext24s.htm
Look under "features" and you'll see the following:
Heavy Duty Pre-Cut Length
Dimensions:
0.500 H x 1.24 W x 24 L
Slot opening 0.500
Pre-drilled holes 4" on center
Black Anodized Aluminum
So, yes they could screw them to a surface and butt a 1/2 piece of board against them to make them flush.

That said-- it may depend a bit on the ply. If you are using particle board with melamine you may get a "full" sized 1/2" if Baltic Birch or phenolic clad one face Baltic then same thing, more true to size. If you are using the nominal sized road kill that USA mills make, -- well you take your chances. Yes I am a sarcastic curmudgeon old geezer. I know we can make better materials if we want to! Thank God that EZ makes great extrusions true to size-- at least you have one set of dimensions you can rely on!
Old 12-03-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
http://www.eurekazone.com/EZ1_Journeyman_p/ezt1001.htm

The link above is to the newest table offered by EurekaZone. It is a 64" rail that cross cuts to 48" and has fixed legs. It is an entry system for those not needing a full EZ1 Max system. The price is much lower as it is on sale for $699.

Whitemtntn: not sure what you are referencing in a "Mastertable" as I can not find "Master" anything. Search function renders the same as nothing found. Not challenging you on any point, but Volusion has been substandard in hosting the store. That is my personal opinion not official EZ response. I included the URL link to help find the new product. If you have a link, I might be able to track down the product and get specific answers.
The Mastertable is no longer on the EZ site, but they still sell it, I think?. It appears to do the same thing as the currently branded as "EZ saw". You can find it on Ebay: eBay item number:221553329445
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZSMART-Mult...AAAOSwDk5UHEJt

I can see how a Bridge would be mounted on the narrow ends, but you would have to mount some other mounts on the long side for Bridge use.
But I am not sure how or if the crossbraces slide, for stop use? Also how tall are those braces, if one needs/wants to plywood it up, like the PBB's that were posted here, long ago?
Seems like his idea of just the extrusions and the old design PBB, might be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Found 2 threads about the Multiform Master Table. I still don't know what it is.
http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4433
http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4323
I don't see anything like it on the website. If it was ever actually available it looks like it no longer is.
As far as the new EZ T Track being 1/2" thick and being able to just butt 1/2" ply up to it and having everything flush. I've never found anything to be exactly what it supposed to be. You likely have better luck using thicker ply and dadoing in the correct depth slot to take your track.
As Phil mentioned you might look at the Journeyman at $699. If you are starting from scratch buying EZ components to make a PBB by the time you add those costs up plus your time and material the Journeyman might be pretty reasonable.
Finding consistent plywood, could also be an issue. (seems a lot is going metric)
I keep thinking one day I will see a "Smart table" again. It appears to have died, when someone else sold them as well. Now neither place sells the inexpensive plastic tables but the expensive aluminum ones.

I AM confused by the EZSMART Journeyman, (folding legs), EZ1 Journeyman (fixed legs, numeral 1, no dimensions), and the EZSmart EZ-One woodworking center (spelled, rather then number, no folding legs sold with it, but as optional add on).
Part of why I think the PBB might suit better, since I can find better threads here, to explain things.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 AM

thanks Phil. At least something is 1/2" when it says 1/2". I reckon I could buy it and just take it to the lumberyard. MDF is true 1/2" I believe.
thanks WatchUr- that's cool you found that on ebay. something to consider
As you all said, I'll have to call EZ to confirm what is included with the Journeyman versions- bridge, stops, upgraded squaring brace, folding legs, not folding legs, etc..
Website is a bit confusing.

Last edited by whitemtntn; 12-03-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Default T-Track

Whitemtntn: I like melamine particle board as a top surface. My supplier has been stocking material that is very close to true size. Still it is very heavy and you need a High ATB, or a Triple Chip grind saw blade, to cut without leaving jagged razor sharp edges. I would still be ready to dado, or shim. I prefer the dado route, as it is the most reliable with added under surface stability.

Let us know how your project progresses. This is a new product, and many of us could benefit from your exposure and experience.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:05 PM

I solved that thickness difference issue by fastening correct thickness edging to the ply.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 12-10-2016, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchurFingers View Post
The Mastertable is no longer on the EZ site, but they still sell it, I think?. It appears to do the same thing as the currently branded as "EZ saw". You can find it on Ebay: eBay item number:221553329445
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZSMART-Mult...AAAOSwDk5UHEJt

I can see how a Bridge would be mounted on the narrow ends, but you would have to mount some other mounts on the long side for Bridge use.
But I am not sure how or if the crossbraces slide, for stop use? Also how tall are those braces, if one needs/wants to plywood it up, like the PBB's that were posted here, long ago?
Seems like his idea of just the extrusions and the old design PBB, might be better.
I have one of these. Regret the purchase. There's not much expandability like with the EZ-one, and by the time you put the hours and materials (aluminum extrusions) into rigging up stops or a fence, you could have purchased an ez-one outright. Poor decision on my part.

I purchased the bridge with it. mainly just use it for quick crosscuts that i mark with a pencil. Saves me the time of having to clamp down a track i guess.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 12-10-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
I have one of these. Regret the purchase. There's not much expandability like with the EZ-one, and by the time you put the hours and materials (aluminum extrusions) into rigging up stops or a fence, you could have purchased an ez-one outright. Poor decision on my part.

I purchased the bridge with it. mainly just use it for quick crosscuts that i mark with a pencil. Saves me the time of having to clamp down a track i guess.

Thank you for this. It answers some of my thoughts.
Could we bring back the inexpensive Smart Table kit and let it do its job?
Old 12-10-2016, 06:37 PM

I think this is what you are looking for. I'm not sure why they're calling it a EZ1 Smart Table Kit since it doesn't appear to be for the EZ1.
Best to call EZ and ask them.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt2200.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchurFingers View Post
Thank you for this. It answers some of my thoughts.
Could we bring back the inexpensive Smart Table kit and let it do its job?
Old 12-11-2016, 07:35 PM

Default Smart table

There are three variations on the original Smart Table.
Two versions go with the extrusions that make up the EZ1, plus the MultiForm Table. The MultiForm Table is the enhanced and improved version of the Smart Table. The original version had plastic screw down channels and the MultiForm has metal channels. Not sure it really matters which version you have. I have both and the plastic original version was great and I am still using it without issue or troubles.
In my opinion I think it is great idea use the EZ 1 in as many ways as possible. Right now I am tinkering around with the EZ1 Smart table -- the EZ1 and the clamping table. I personally think the entire line of EZ1 and attachment can't be beat. Still on all product matters, ask customer service, for accurate up to date information. My photo review will be coming soon as possible.

These are the links to the products.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt2200.htm

http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt1100.htm

http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt2300.htm