The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 06-11-2018, 10:29 AM

Default Shipping costs.

Here too. $10.75 for shipping. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.
???
Thanks
Old 06-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Not showing "free" shipping for me.

Thanks,

Mike

Post#1:

$ for the entire set...Including Shipping $32.50.
( shipping cost is $10-$12? The MSRP is going to be $39.00 plus shipping=$54.00
This is a pre-order -Group Buying special for the forum members
Est. shipping Jan-Feb 2018.
Mike,
the shipping is included on the price.
Our mistake and it will be fixed asap.
thanks
d
Old 06-12-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Mike,
the shipping is included on the price.
Our mistake and it will be fixed asap.
thanks
d
Thank you Dino.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Dino - received my two sets of Pyramids yesterday. You are right, these do pack efficiently. Very nice quality and they fit my Kreg "Mobile Project Center" tables perfectly. I'm sure I'll find thousands of things to do with them.

First project is I've just started to learn to weld. I need a welding table but don't have the space with all my wood tools. I can use these as standoffs on my Kreg tables with a plate of metal on top.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 06-16-2018, 01:46 PM

Okay Dino, I finally got around to ordering my two sets, been busy with my new 3D printer.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 06-16-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Dino - received my two sets of Pyramids yesterday. You are right, these do pack efficiently. Very nice quality and they fit my Kreg "Mobile Project Center" tables perfectly. I'm sure I'll find thousands of things to do with them.

First project is I've just started to learn to weld. I need a welding table but don't have the space with all my wood tools. I can use these as standoffs on my Kreg tables with a plate of metal on top.

Thanks,

Mike

There's a piece of fence I need to replace. Just need to weld a bracket to attach it to the wall, and a stop for the fence door. Would probably cost $50 and 5 minutes to have someone do the labor.

But I'm trying to talk myself into buying a welding machine. It'll pay for itself, right? Right?

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 06-16-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
There's a piece of fence I need to replace. Just need to weld a bracket to attach it to the wall, and a stop for the fence door. Would probably cost $50 and 5 minutes to have someone do the labor.

But I'm trying to talk myself into buying a welding machine. It'll pay for itself, right? Right?
heh-heh-heh.... having a welder, for me, was like opening up pandora's box. I put it off for years, due to my own fear of incompetence. Once I made the decision to get one, I went mildly berserk- went from loads of fear of destroying everything in sight, to being willing to tackle 'absurd' things- like the spiral stairs in the pic. Being able to pop out to the shop and weld things together is awesome; almost addicting in my case; I love to weld. Too bad I'm only mediocre at it; good enough for my needs, tho!

If you know a welder friend, consider having him show you the basics- will go a long way towards either whetting your appetite or convincing you it's not for you.
My 2 cents worth,
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3658.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	7394  
Old 06-17-2018, 05:35 AM

I designed a bird feeder setup that would finally defeat the squirrels, but needed to weld some parts together, so bought a cheap MIG welder and, boy is it fun to use. Not very good at it, but has come in handy from time to time. Nice tool to have in the arsonal.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 06-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Harrison View Post
I designed a bird feeder setup that would finally defeat the squirrels, but needed to weld some parts together, so bought a cheap MIG welder and, boy is it fun to use. Not very good at it, but has come in handy from time to time. Nice tool to have in the arsonal.
Dik - can you share your bird feeder plans? Thanks.

Others - I have a nice Powermatic 3520B lathe I bought about 3-years ago. I put it on load leveling casters. Never liked getting on the floor to raise/lower the lathe. I found this nice mobile base called "Lift Lock 'N Roll" but delivered it is around $450. So, I decide I want to make one for less money (plus I always wanted an excuse for a welder). Material with casters was $100 and a cheap flux cored welder and helmet was $110 at HF. So I was going to save $240 even after buying the welder!

Well, I could lay a bead with the 120Amp HF but think more metal went to spatter. Returned it and bought the HF 170Amp for $160. This was a DC welder that laid a much cleaner weld....but....then I see a NIB Lincoln 180AMP welder with accessories for MIG included. Return the HF and buy the Lincoln for $400. Gas tank $120, gas $40, cart $40, various brushes/grinding $30, better helmet $150...

So I'm close to $900 for that $450 base I was going to save $ on .

Welding is addictive - I need more projects now.

Mike
Old 06-18-2018, 01:18 PM

Guys, you make me want to buy a welder even more now. Especially after that cool spiral staircase.

Industrial/rustic furniture is in these days. I bet I could flip some handmade pieces on Etsy to recoup some cost.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...