The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > Applications > Sound System Cabinetwork

Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 AM

My thoughts also were about using EZ system and posting your work and talk about how you did setup things.

Like mark said not cut lists just picture and how you have done things.

I do buy plans from BFM because I think they are good value and educational also. I have also seen free plans with some info but not in detail like BFM does Bill does things in a step by step kinda way. The ones from Curt Cambell that are free is another good place for info.

But you really can't stop people that share most have done it all there life like with books,magazines,movies,music records and cds.

I also believe if the price is right people will buy there own if they feel the price is to high then they look at other ways.

One thing about the music they screwed the public with one song on a cd for years nice to see them get what comes around. Now you can buy legal music or karaoke for like 2 bucks a track how can you beat that.

There are many other things I'm sure look how our government give out so mutch to the cry babies and why because they cry poor and keep making babies for some reason lol.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 08-22-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 AM

Default My Intent

When I proposed this sub forum, I had most of the things mentioned in mind. Yes we should post photos of what and how we did the project. The application of EZ tools is so unique as to be an avenue of construction that many may not have considered. I am suspecting that many speaker cabinet builders do not even know of the existence of EurekaZone. We want those folks that are looking to build cabinets for their speakers, to consider EZ and see how EZ it is to build good cabs from our tools. I think the other members not being considerate about the hard work of others, is pretty much a non issue here. Not that it can not happen but that we have been on the receiving end of that deed and we would quickly apply the boot of instruction on the seat of learning of said miscreant. I am sure Dino would not tolerate theft of the intellectual property of others. So we will police that; if it becomes a problem we will deal with it.

On a more considered level, I have to think we will all benefit from this. If we share ideas and send members to them they will, in a feeling of security, send folks our way. Just as has been done here, I feel positive about the direction of this forum. You have discussed other experts and posted links to gain knowledge and directions. With some clamps, track and ingenuity (or coaching from us) beginners (and experts) can build some really nice cabinets without a table saw or similar large investment; that would have to help all parties. The prospective builder can start building with EZ right away, and have money for his speakers or home theater, instead of $10,000. invested in a work shop. Now I would LOVE to invest that much in my workshop, personally I think of that as a divine opportunity, but perhaps the audiophile has other goals. We learn they learn, win -- win proposal.
Phil
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM

Well put there Phil.
I'm also sure it would be good for all.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about box plans and construction for actual speaker kits. The magic is the crossover and if we don't provide info on that (and we have no reason to) then there will be no worry of someone using what we do here to copy a paid for plan.

Subs will be a slightly different story. Any complex tapped horn or bandpass alignment we'll have to be careful if it's a purchased plan, but not if it's a more simple sealed or basic ported alignment.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Surprisingly showing off the crossover isn't a problem on Bill's forum. There's an entire thread of crossovers.

The wiring and electrical stuff is the hardest part for me. I suck with a soldering iron.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:28 AM

A little late to the party here but HTGuide is another excellent speaker building website.