The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Package design advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2016, 11:40 AM
JamesMac JamesMac is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 62
Default EZ1 and Squaring Rods?

Hi All,

I dont have an EZ1 yet and am holding out for the folding leg version. I have seen some posts about squaring the EZ1 which looks it is a point of contention sometimes.

I hear that the new folding leg version has a beefed up squaring rod.

I am going to go out on a limb and put my ignorance on public display, but if one squaring rod is good, would two be better?

thanks,
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Tracedfar Tracedfar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Balko, OK
Posts: 225
Default

As far as squaring up your table, I doubt an extra brace will help but would add a little more rigidity.

Until we actually see the EZOne with folding legs, or get an in depth review of the Journeyman, it's mostly speculation.

Like you, I'm curious about how to keep a portable, folding table squared up, especially after it gets tossed in and out of a pickup everyday.

It's why I still use just a track and clamps on my old sawhorse table for my portable setup.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracedfar View Post
As far as squaring up your table, I doubt an extra brace will help but would add a little more rigidity.

Until we actually see the EZOne with folding legs, or get an in depth review of the Journeyman, it's mostly speculation.

Like you, I'm curious about how to keep a portable, folding table squared up, especially after it gets tossed in and out of a pickup everyday.

It's why I still use just a track and clamps on my old sawhorse table for my portable setup.
Hello again.
The frame of the table has no effect on the results.
the sliding fence has to be square to the track.
the only time that i see the frame effecting your work is when you use the router kit and you clamp the wood on the outside of the frame.

The ez-one has easily removable and height adjustable legs.
You can make it perfect square if you wish by screwing 4 small triangles on all corners.
Much easier to square the fence that you support the wood than squaring the whole table for no reason. the open design of the extrusions offer many ways to use braces-shelving and supports.

In your case I will make a box to put in the legs and sliding fences.
may-be even the bridge. to re-square everything...
make few holes and small screws.

Have you ever try to see if the tablesaw top is square?
I never did. But I always test and adjust
( when needed) the fence and blade.

Look at the core77 video and you get a better idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvxhvVJjyU

and this one by d.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEZoeo7GTk

thnks
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Jeff Freelove Jeff Freelove is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 147
Default MIA squaring rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Hi All,

I dont have an EZ1 yet and am holding out for the folding leg version. I have seen some posts about squaring the EZ1 which looks it is a point of contention sometimes.

I hear that the new folding leg version has a beefed up squaring rod.

I am going to go out on a limb and put my ignorance on public display, but if one squaring rod is good, would two be better?

thanks,
Jim
Howdy Jim,

My squaring rod is buried somewhere in my shop. It was part of the earlier EZ One with a foam filled center beam, since been updated. It may have offered additional rigidity, but I am not convinced it maintained square in a tool I lifted and moved around the shop.

With a large Speed Square, it takes me about 30 seconds to verify or adjust the fences to the bridge. Quick and easy.

Yes, one day Eurekazone will offer folding legs... "til then look at this thread http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=420
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2016, 08:01 PM
philb philb is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Default I have the folding legs.

Jeff and Jim: I have the new folding legs on the Journeyman and as a retro fit to my EZ1. I like them a lot. Others may have reservations and some not. I think these new legs are a back saver for sure. My original EZ1 legs were 39" and the table top was just under my arm pits. Not a good way to work in the least. The new folding legs have a wide range of height adjustments available on top of the folding feature. Like before the legs have levelers. The only drawback has been the retro fit part. I had two sets of corners and connectors. Each set was different in style and drill pattern. The new management team is trying to correct those issues and it may take some back and forth, but you will get what you need to fit the new legs. My old EZ1 was hard to use so I seldom used it. Now I will be using the EZ1 a lot more!
You can trust this team. They will do what they say and they will fill every promise. Promises, and new product announcement will be less frequent than past times. However, each promise, and announcement will be solid and trustworthy! Every product will be tested and market ready. Sadly this corner issue could not be foreseen. There seems to be no way to predict who has what style or pattern of holes. Just rest assured that these old methods will be avoided. Universal use and fit is the guiding thought and motivation with this management team. Staff have assured me that they want EZ users to get the best use and value from their EZ system tools.
__________________
Phillip
Forum Administrator

Last edited by philb; 11-13-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Punctuation change.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:00 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

Wait, are you saying that new products will be fewer than now? I and I'm guessing others have been waiting years now for more products and more development. Honestly, less than now sort of means there will be nothing new. Also, do you think there is any chance that we will actually hear anything directly from EZ on what's going on and what the future is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Jeff and Jim: I have the new folding legs on the Journeyman and as a retro fit to my EZ1. I like them a lot. Others may have reservations and some not. I think these new legs are a back saver for sure. My original EZ1 legs were 39" and the table top was just under my arm pits. Not a good way to work in the least. The new folding legs have a wide range of height adjustments available on top of the folding feature. Like before the legs have levelers. The only drawback has been the retro fit part. I had two sets of corners and connectors. Each set was different in style and drill pattern. The new management team is trying to correct those issues and it may take some back and forth, but you will get what you need to fit the new legs. My old EZ1 was hard to use so I seldom used it. Now I will be using the EZ1 a lot more!
You can trust this team. They will do what they say and they will fill every promise. Promises, and new product announcement will be less frequent than past times. However, each promise, and announcement will be solid and trustworthy! Every product will be tested and market ready. Sadly this corner issue could not be foreseen. There seems to be no way to predict who has what style or pattern of holes. Just rest assured that these old methods will be avoided. Universal use and fit is the guiding thought and motivation with this management team. Staff have assured me that they want EZ users to get the best use and value from their EZ system tools.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:28 PM
philb philb is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Default Not what I meant.

Sean9c: So sorry! That was not what I meant at all! My error in wording, I apologize.
I was referring to the past when even ideas were trumpeted in and nothing was ready. Some of what you speak of is due to past habits and how we as EZ owners have been "trained" to think or expect. There are several new products and ideas on the boards, but you will not hear of it until it is ready to sell. How many forum members are still waiting on products that are just not close to ready? It has been my observation that many forum members were or are angry about new products they want to buy but said product did not exist. Was I wrong? This management team is working hard to bring new products and not get ahead of themselves. Still there are surprises in every change. Expect that all issues will be resolved in time, with a company and products we can be proud of.
Regarding the future -- I will mention this to EZ Staff. There are many exciting things in the future, but only management can speak to that and I hope they will.
__________________
Phillip
Forum Administrator
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-2016, 04:17 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

Thanks for the clarification. I'll always be puzzled as to why EZ chose to basically cut all communication with this forum, a group of dedicated EZ supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Sean9c: So sorry! That was not what I meant at all! My error in wording, I apologize.
I was referring to the past when even ideas were trumpeted in and nothing was ready. Some of what you speak of is due to past habits and how we as EZ owners have been "trained" to think or expect. There are several new products and ideas on the boards, but you will not hear of it until it is ready to sell. How many forum members are still waiting on products that are just not close to ready? It has been my observation that many forum members were or are angry about new products they want to buy but said product did not exist. Was I wrong? This management team is working hard to bring new products and not get ahead of themselves. Still there are surprises in every change. Expect that all issues will be resolved in time, with a company and products we can be proud of.
Regarding the future -- I will mention this to EZ Staff. There are many exciting things in the future, but only management can speak to that and I hope they will.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 PM
philb philb is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Default Not True

I am really puzzled by that comment. I know the daily posting of great frequency have subsided. That part is correct. Still the frequent postings seemed -- in my opinion-- to bring more trouble and problems than need be.

I have been given heads up on new items before posting for sale. I have made announcements, and even wrote a full review on the Journeyman. I covered the new retrofit legs and would have posted notice on the new T track, except that I do not have internet in my new home and have to find a hotspot. As I see it the new team has done as good a job as possible. New videos, new directions, considerable work on standardizing the products, and ensuring total Open Architecture on EZ products. I am not sure what we on the forum can do. EZ does not own the forum. Any better communications need to come from me. If you have some ideas, please let me hear them.
__________________
Phillip
Forum Administrator
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-15-2016, 05:59 AM
WatchurFingers WatchurFingers is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 27
Default

philb
So your an official representative for EZ? Who does own the forum, and where is the hardware it runs on? I know from old posts, it was at one time called Dik's forum, but it seems there was some dispute and he didn't have the hardware it ran on, so that would mean not really his.
It appears that the company, shut up the loose cannon that promised products, with a by (or Buy) date, that never happened. But then I am confused if they made you the official representative? They also tried to release something as a promised product and it comes an goes from the site, missing things that were discussed. (EZ saw, doesn't incorporate base, still needs add on, etc) So yes, call me confused.

Also, most of the newer video's I have seen, are commercials, with no real useful information. (and possibly misleading/false information) The new T track, looks like EZ track. Only when you find the dual track on the site, do I see it has a t track, not just EZ connector capable. I don't see it listed on their extrusion page, so I don't have a clue how deep it is, or if it predrilled, etc. for mounting purposes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.