The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Abraxas Abraxas is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Default Which Universal Saw Base is compatible

I need to cut a live edge slab and the only saw that will work is a 16" beam saw. I have a Makita 16" Model No 5402NA and am not sure which custom EZSmart Moduni base (small, medium, large) will work with this saw. Does anyone know which base is compatible.
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
I need to cut a live edge slab and the only saw that will work is a 16" beam saw. I have a Makita 16" Model No 5402NA and am not sure which custom EZSmart Moduni base (small, medium, large) will work with this saw. Does anyone know which base is compatible.
Cheers
Only the large.
There is some confusion with the pictures but look at the dimensions.

tx and welcome to the forum.
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Abraxas Abraxas is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Ok, awesome thank you, much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2018, 06:09 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 292
Default

Wow, that is one BIG saw!!

I can see where having such a big circular saw running on a track would me much more comfortable ... but then again, I have a real dread of trying to use a regular circular saw off the track.

Is Eurekazone's Deep EZ Smart Clamp deep enough (4.5 in.) to handle the material with that saw???

Ken K.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 PM
joebehr joebehr is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Default saw position in moduni base

I've mounted my 8-1/4 Makita on a moduni base and now the blade does not trim the anti-tear-out edge...what do I do?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebehr View Post
I've mounted my 8-1/4 Makita on a moduni base and now the blade does not trim the anti-tear-out edge...what do I do?
Can you move the saw? turn the holes into slots?
Ask for another moduni base. At only $10.00 and shipping.
Call the office and send them this post. Talk to Charles.

You can even incresh the edge with a self stick srtip.
very thin and you will find it usefull in many applications.
1/2" uhmw strips ( self adhesive in one side)

thanks
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Wow, that is one BIG saw!!

I can see where having such a big circular saw running on a track would me much more comfortable ... but then again, I have a real dread of trying to use a regular circular saw off the track.

Is Eurekazone's Deep EZ Smart Clamp deep enough (4.5 in.) to handle the material with that saw???

Ken K.
Ken, for clamping a sliding block of UHMW with 2 small nails will do the same.

We mabe special bridges and captive pases for special applications but the starndard ez tools can do the job without any issue.

tx
d
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.