The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Clamping Systems

Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 PM

Default New t track

Has anyone purchased and used the new t-track that's on the EZ website? How sturdy are they? Looking to use one with my existing Kreg Klamps.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:41 PM

Nice to see these new t-tracks, great idea! I will be ordering some of the dual track, maybe some of the single, in the next few months as I suss out some modifications that I want to make on a couple projects.

Will there be clear anodized also or only black?
Old 11-11-2016, 02:25 AM

I have a cabinet job starting in a couple of weeks large enough to finally justify building a new assembly table. I was leaning heavily toward Kreg clamp track but I wasn't happy about having yet another seperate system in my shop and the costs that go with it. The EZSmart's old answer is too bulky for my needs. However, this new double track looks like the ticket! Great price, works with both my existing EZ and t-track components.

I'll be ordering in a couple of days, building my new table and posting pics when done!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Default New track -- Forward thinking

Glad to see a positive response. The new track is in keeping with the Open Architecture plans of the EZ management team. Nice to have some products that allow us to use what we have and not get pidgeon holed into all special designed products.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Price is reasonable at $20 for a 48" length. I looked at Rockler and a 48"length of their blue t-track is $25.
You wonder if black will be the new EZ color?
Old 11-12-2016, 11:58 AM

I think black is a bad color to standardize on. Small black items would be too easy to misplace, get lost in grass/sawdust pile/etc. Also, if being used out in the sun, they would get very hot to the touch.

I hadn't noticed the great price, as I was primarily looking at the more expensive dual extrusion. Perhaps fairer, though, to compare against Orange Aluminum or Incra 48" for $15-18. Or Woodpecker's dual extrusion @ $23 for 48" to EZ's dual @ $35. Of course, any price comparisons are really apples and oranges, as these are specifically for the EZ Connector lines, but it does appear that the raw aluminum price is in line with others.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:44 PM

Default High Quality

Roy: You are correct on the apples /oranges reference. I asked EZ staff about the track, and one part of the marketing equation is quality. EZ wants to be the leader in track quality. "Heavy Duty" and "durable black anodized finish" we're terms used to describe the track. Also being that the track is full featured with universal use makes the product special. No matter what clamp, or tool you need to use, the dual track should open the possibilities. I have to say that I personally have not worked with the new track. I am getting the information from EZ. I will say that the current management team has worked hard to establish strong credibility and trust, like never before, so I will take their marketing statements and data as accurate.

I will ask EZ about the black color. You bring up some interesting points. There maybe reasons not known to us for selecting black as the color for this track.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:54 PM

Default About the black color

Roy_OKC: I did some asking around at EZ regarding the black color, and this is the answer I got back --
All of our EZSmart clamps are black...the bridge is black...the feet are black...the corner brackets are black...the sliding modules are black....the base of the SSRK is black...the multiform table top kit is black, the X limit stops are black...our knobs are black...Kind of confused on this one...Our trade color is still the same...sort of an orange....
I guess if I had thought about it I could have answered that question myself.
We do get a bit conditioned by the big stores. Rockler blue, Woodcraft dark green, on and on.
Hope that helps answer the question.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:26 PM

Phil,

Thanks for checking. The color isn't even a minor thing to me--I support all colors, clear, gold, red, might have some blue, so why not black--although I would have waited a while for clear since the first project(s) that I'll use it on are some months away.
EZ Stuff: yards o' guide rail and other raw extrusions, B300, SSRK, UEG, DIY smart setups
Old 11-28-2016, 06:27 PM

Default New t track

Just got my new 24 and 48 inch dual t track in the mail. When I opened the box there were no screws enclosed - bummer. Another trip to HD tomorrow!