The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 11-30-2014, 07:54 AM

Default Easiest way to upgrade to ez1

Hello, I started out with the original power bench. A few years ago Dino helped me upgrade to use the foam filled beam with 1 sliding fence. I would like to turn this into the ez one.
I have the old style sme's.
What is the best way to upgrade? It looks like the only part I have in common is the bridge.
Should I buy the individual parts or should I buy the clamp table (for the frame) and add whatever else i need? Is there an EZ er way?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Laplume View Post
Hello, I started out with the original power bench. A few years ago Dino helped me upgrade to use the foam filled beam with 1 sliding fence. I would like to turn this into the ez one.
I have the old style sme's.
What is the best way to upgrade? It looks like the only part I have in common is the bridge.
Should I buy the individual parts or should I buy the clamp table (for the frame) and add whatever else i need? Is there an EZ er way?
Thanks
Brian - I rebuilt my bench many times (and then a few more times). If you have a bench with a foam beam just add a few more sliding supports - no need to make it look like the latest EZ-1. Here is a link to my last bench re-build:

http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=1937

Mike
Old 01-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Thanks Mike, Ive got my bench reassembled and squared. Seems like theres no more sliding pieces to be had. I did just order a couple of pieces of sssme to use as a fence on the bridge end. That should help. I saw the original assembly video with Dino and Cristos That helped me a lot.
To try and build the new ez one from ordering ala carte and use the pieces I have would have been too expensive.
and as you pointed out, would not gain me that much more utility.
Thanks Brian