The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 09-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Default EZ Saw

A rant.
EZ introduces their new loooong awaited EZ Saw and it is absolutely nothing like what was promised. http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=2229
Then they proceed to provide no specifics or specifications about the saw on their website. Not sure how that happens since EZ seems driven to produce an ever shinier website.
Then they send fliers out offering special deals on packages including the new EZ Saw that we know nothing about.
If you look at the EZ website the new EZ Saw is the only saw that they sell that is not EZ ready. First off, how does it make sense that EZ develops a saw that needs to be modified to work on their track. Then lists it on their website without the modifications.
This EZ Saw and it's introduction has seems so wrong footed that it sure makes me wonder what's going on at EZ
Old 09-20-2014, 01:33 PM

Sure looks like the new management has not a clue what they are doing!!!

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 09-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Dik makes a very good point. Keep in mind that Dino was working on the new saw before new management came on the scene. Apparently the new management has different priorities. I certainly don't understand what is happening.

Burt
Old 09-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Default New saw

Looks like the hitachi saw with eurekazone logo?
Old 09-20-2014, 03:15 PM

I'm hoping it's just growing pains and it gets straightened out soon. There are some good things going on but things like no details on the saw are worrying. Also, I noticed that Home Depot was carrying the saw base, but now it's out of stock. I don't think they sold the track with it, though since there's no listing on the HD website.

A nice package offered by Home Depot like having the saw be track ready and sold with the track, clamps, etc. would go a long way toward making Eurekazone fill an important niche. A well made but reasonably priced package to start, with the opportunity to expand. Perhaps then they can offer a higher end saw like the one Dino was working on.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will move ahead.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 PM

This is a complete joke and makes me contemplate selling off my tracks and makita 5057. I'm most likely in the market for a Festool track saw now......
Old 09-20-2014, 10:59 PM

Non-EZ Ready Saw: http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezcs0172515.htm

EZ Ready Saw: http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezrs0172515.htm

Did anyone call the office in Ocala when the specs weren't originally posted to let them know? This might have been the better way to go about it.

Seriously, patience needs to be in order. There is more (good) going on with Eurekazone outside this forum than is being announced here. The forum is not currently being used as it had been. Facebook and email blasts have become the preferred way to make announcements.

Also, with the UEG as a key part of the current EZSMART product line, a standard circular saw makes more sense. This way it can utilize the current Smart Base. The adjustable base is still in development in order to get it to work best universally. A dedicated rear plunge saw would ultimately be awesome but other things have shifted to the top of the priority list.

Patience people.

Joe

Disclaimer: Current collaborator/consultant to Eurekazone
Old 09-21-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post

Did anyone call the office in Ocala when the specs weren't originally posted to let them know? This might have been the better way to go about it.

Seriously, patience needs to be in order. There is more (good) going on with Eurekazone outside this forum than is being announced here. The forum is not currently being used as it had been. Facebook and email blasts have become the preferred way to make announcements.

Also, with the UEG as a key part of the current EZSMART product line, a standard circular saw makes more sense. This way it can utilize the current Smart Base. The adjustable base is still in development in order to get it to work best universally. A dedicated rear plunge saw would ultimately be awesome but other things have shifted to the top of the priority list.

Patience people.

Joe

EurekaZone not using it's own forum for announcements is not an excuse. This saw should atleast have a built it "smart base" IMO. The dedicated rear plunge has been promised to us for a long time........
Old 09-21-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post

Patience people.

Joe

Thanks for the update, Joe. I looked at the saw specs and it does look like a good deal with the base and the dust collection, etc. It does fill that niche in that it's not so costly as the Euro track saws. A good way for people to start with a high-quality system without breaking the bank. Nice that it's made of magnesium, etc. A later, more expensive version with all the bells and whistles might induce people to upgrade (hint, hint).

Is there a reason they don't announce things on the forum? I don't do facebook (ugh), though I'm on the email list. I do think this forum is an important source of information, even though there aren't a lot of posts right now, it's surprising the number of reads some of the posts get. I was quite surprised to see how many people read my EZ-MTFC thread that's fairly recent. I think announcements of new videos and new products would be helpful. Also, retain the loyalty of the folks already here.

Last edited by Goblu; 09-21-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 AM

Also, new tools would be great. Something like a loose tenon biscuit-type joiner, for instance Or even one that uses dowels like the discontinued Freud doweling joiner. Especially with a jig that works better than the existing green tool loose tenon joiner that does this. Something like the jigs for biscuit joiners that help with stabilization and accuracy. Like the Woodhaven jig. And more affordable than the green Euro tools. Really, those prices for clamps and accessories are ridiculous.

I'm saying this because Eurekazone has an integrated system to sell. A really excellent quality system. Not cheap but reasonably affordable to get started. I like that it works with existing routers, etc. The clamps and clamping table are a great start, but joinery of some type is a logical step.

Last edited by Goblu; 09-21-2014 at 12:51 AM.