The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:26 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Now I've got all this EZ stuff sitting there and me kicking myself for making a lousy investment.
Well, if you ever want to sell some of that stuff...
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:30 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,233
Default

Since I'm in WA that's not really practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Well, if you ever want to sell some of that stuff...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-24-2017, 06:46 PM
Tracedfar Tracedfar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Balko, OK
Posts: 216
Default

I appreciate the experience so many bring to the EZ forum. I jumped a tall building or two in my day. One of them was a Holiday Inn Express!

I had to be portable. So, when I went with EZ, my other option was a job site saw.

Granted, there are some things about a track saw system that can be frustrating. It certainly requires a change in methodology. Also, CS quality and base installation greatly effect cut quality and consistency. While the EZ base fits almost any saw, it doesn't mean every saw will perform well.

But these things were no more frustrating than a $600 job site saw with a tiny top that wasn't flat, a POS miter gauge, no out feed, unreliable fence and bevel gauge, and more. So, I spent even more time and money for decent miter and bevel gauges, crosscut sled, tapering jig, push block, feather board, dado stack, outfeed, and even considered adding a $400 fence! Now, imagine hauling all of it around from job to job, space needed to store it, and keeping up with all of it.

Any tool with moving/adjustable parts will need to be dialed in. But few things are more maddening than an inconsistent miter gauge or table saw fence.

So, EZ compared very favorably and has worked out great. I've done kitchen cabinets, built-ins, trim work, and more and haven't used a table saw on a job in nearly two years. There are some greatly improved job site saws available but the cost and safety issues are still huge. I'm lighter, faster, and safer with no loss of accuracy or quality.

But that's compared a portable TS.

How does a $1000 EZ system compare to a true cabinet saw?

If cost, weight, size, raw power, and fit and finish made all the difference then, of course, the cabinet saw should win easily but, actually, the cut quality is comparable. That says a lot for EZ.

Thanks to Sawstop, we know that a TS accident occurs every 8 seconds in the US (60,000/yr). Yeah, I'm not lining up for that.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracedfar View Post
I appreciate the experience so many bring to the EZ forum. I jumped a tall building or two in my day. One of them was a Holiday Inn Express!

I had to be portable. So, when I went with EZ, my other option was a job site saw.

Granted, there are some things about a track saw system that can be frustrating. It certainly requires a change in methodology. Also, CS quality and base installation greatly effect cut quality and consistency. While the EZ base fits almost any saw, it doesn't mean every saw will perform well.

But these things were no more frustrating than a $600 job site saw with a tiny top that wasn't flat, a POS miter gauge, no out feed, unreliable fence and bevel gauge, and more. So, I spent even more time and money for decent miter and bevel gauges, crosscut sled, tapering jig, push block, feather board, dado stack, outfeed, and even considered adding a $400 fence! Now, imagine hauling all of it around from job to job, space needed to store it, and keeping up with all of it.

Any tool with moving/adjustable parts will need to be dialed in. But few things are more maddening than an inconsistent miter gauge or table saw fence.

So, EZ compared very favorably and has worked out great. I've done kitchen cabinets, built-ins, trim work, and more and haven't used a table saw on a job in nearly two years. There are some greatly improved job site saws available but the cost and safety issues are still huge. I'm lighter, faster, and safer with no loss of accuracy or quality.

But that's compared a portable TS.

How does a $1000 EZ system compare to a true cabinet saw?

If cost, weight, size, raw power, and fit and finish made all the difference then, of course, the cabinet saw should win easily but, actually, the cut quality is comparable. That says a lot for EZ.

Thanks to Sawstop, we know that a TS accident occurs every 8 seconds in the US (60,000/yr). Yeah, I'm not lining up for that.
i think that was a fair and good analysis of tools and methods.
You can buils a shop with e stuff with dedicated staions and never look back.
or, you can have a simple track and one story stick... ( homemade or using ez-extrusions) and do it all.

you need speed like an extrusion factory in Ohio?
I setup 5 saws connected to 5 rtidges with one bar.
the curs was 45 ...I made the tables at 45 instead of gauges.
Yes, I was offered a job there to redo the entire factory with ez stuff.
The accuraracy-safety and speed was better that we was hoping.

Ez is very new to most people. you can setup ez any way you like.
Look at the track...16 self aligning slots? T-Tracks att he very end...clamping at both sides and close to the end for narrow pieces?
extendable to any size but small if needed with the uEG?
Learn how to use of the SSRK and you can do things that even the cnc cannot( due ti size limitations

20 years? and no reported accident was the start.
Now ez is ready for a big change,
it actually becomes the first and best safe tablesaw.
You will be able to push the wood but not touching teh blade or having marks in your body from kickbacks. even more.

the only question heer is the non sayers and the traditional large companies that they will unleash their trolls to stop ez again.
I dedicated all my life to find a safer and better way. with plenty of help from many ez-guys. Can I start another war?
This is the only issue. who knows? We may even start a new company
to avoid the past memories and trolls.....thinking....

thanks guys.
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-25-2017, 12:26 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 629
Default

Dino, I see this new upcoming ez feature mentioned often lately - use the CS like a safe TS.

Will this solve the bevel issue at last?

Thanks,
Chris
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Dino, I see this new upcoming ez feature mentioned often lately - use the CS like a safe TS.

Will this solve the bevel issue at last?

Thanks,
Chris
yes...in many ways.

d
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
yes...in many ways.

d
That is beautiful news
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,090
Exclamation new way to make and save...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
That is beautiful news
Chris,
I always try to find ways to save money.
For the factory and the user.
I don't like the fact that some ( many) people cannot afford the right tools.

So, I was thinking of a special site for woodworking and tools in general.
Only the best at the best prices...with a hint.

30% down payment to finance the materials and some overhead.
1-2 and even 3 months on big ticket items waiting for delivery.
Suppliers like volume that brings savings to the factory and they can be pass to the customers. After all the customers paid for the upfront cost of materials .
now I can setup a production line to make 100-1000 ez-1 or 2s.

by-passing the retailers and big rivers that usually make 30-40-50% proffits...
The customer saves at least 50% and the factory is always busy.
No more special sales and no more looking around for months to find the right price. After all, many copied ez and a good payback can level the field.

not only that but make better copies of the one's that copied ez.
In top of it....make the best tools ever made...in design-function and price.

What is holding me back is the many different ideas from partners, stores and
internet marketplaces. In a way you make your own marketplace and you will be able to offer ( always unique) the best for the right price.
To me the right price is the lowest possible.

The 30-40% sale is a small test.
If I see good results I will go all out for it and go up to 50%...
The pricing is determined by the cost of labors and materials.
by the dealers -resellers mark-ups
and the overhead-insurance -marketing -shipping -packaging and CS.
so far we cannot overcome all issues due to many factors.
We managed to stay alive at great cost but
I think we need an ez strategy here and now.


Guys, Your thoughts are welcomed and I'm ready to do whatever needed to make woodworking affordable to all people.
Instead of selling the 54" tracks for over $110.00?
If I start the new way of manufacturing we can sell it for $60.00 and still managed to stay open...

Your feedbacks and thoughts are welcomed.
I'm sure we have few good selling machines and strategy people here.
all yours....

thanks again
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 PM
tofu tofu is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post


Guys, Your thoughts are welcomed and I'm ready to do whatever needed to make woodworking affordable to all people.
Instead of selling the 54" tracks for over $110.00?
If I start the new way of manufacturing we can sell it for $60.00 and still managed to stay open...

Your feedbacks and thoughts are welcomed.
I'm sure we have few good selling machines and strategy people here.
all yours....

thanks again
dino

Dino,

Buying the 54" track set is what got me interested in the rest of EZ. It was affordable and came with everything I needed for quick crosscuts.

Then I began researching what other ez products there were, and bought the ripsizer. Then converted to UEG

Then I realized I didn't want to cut on the floor between two cinder blocks anymore, so I bought the banquet legs and plastic smart table parts. With a track and ripsizer, I could make any length straight cut.

Then I realized it would be nice to not have to clamp my work anymore, so I bought the bridge.

Then I became envious of the ez-one, but could not afford it, so I bought MFT at intro price.

My point is, my desire to buy more EZ all stemmed from my first simple track purchase and these forums. If you can get the track down to $60, i think it will open the gate for many new customers who would not have otherwise given EZ a try. Before owning the track, the other ez products were of no interest to me because I could not conceptualize how useful they'd be.
__________________
-Christopher

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-26-2017, 08:51 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 271
Default

I think it's very important that potential customers see several of the Eurekazone videos, especially:

EurekaZone Episode 1 - EZ Smart Saw Base Installation
Episode 2 EZSMART Track Saw Systems - Set up & Use

I think high quality videos such as these are an excellent way to show potential customers what these tools are - including their benefits, how to use them, and how they work (often together) to complete typical woodworking tasks.

Ken K.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.