SketchUp Models
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Master Carpenter

NICE!!!
what else can you say?

tx
d
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 AM

Very cool. I was using my SSRK on some dados today and would have liked to have an incra system for minute adjustments.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:33 AM

Wow, Burt. That is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:45 AM

Very very cool! Nice job Burt!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 AM

FYI - Carbide Processors Inc. has the LS positioners for 10% off with code "creekers" and looks like free shipping right now.

Mike
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Burt, I notice that, on sale at least, there is not much difference in price between the longer and shorter positioners. Is there a reason you chose the shorter one?

Incra has a lot of stuff on sale, including these. I'm on their email list, so get to see all the cool stuff they have. Just window shopping, though I did buy some of their $2 lexan scales (right to left versions) and own some t-track plus .
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM

Default Worth the price and more

Katie: I have INCRA LS Super System - 17" & 430mm Range ( http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...s17wfncsys.htm ). I also have all the measuring and marking tools Incra sells. I buy from Incra instead of the resellers as I never found better pricing and I like getting my information from the manufacturer not third hand. I got the 17" system because that is what my router table would hold, and the larger size offered no great advantage over the 17".

Every dime I put into Incra has come back many times over, in precise work, time saved and frustration-less projects. As I understand your situation, you are doing the work for yourself, and that is reason enough to get Incra. We get into the woodworking end of things to find personal fulfillment and own better quality homes, having made it ourselves, and put more into the product than we could buy. I think I have mentioned before -- look at the finished cost of having a contractor do the job, then assign a portion of the budget to the new tools to perform the work. I have acquired some very nice tools that way and still saved money. Plus -- in time you will not need to keep adding tools, the router table was paid for many time over, and still here for more work ahead.

Phillip
Forum Administrator
Old 10-30-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Katie: I have INCRA LS Super System - 17" & 430mm Range ( http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...s17wfncsys.htm ). I also have all the measuring and marking tools Incra sells. I buy from Incra instead of the resellers as I never found better pricing and I like getting my information from the manufacturer not third hand. I got the 17" system because that is what my router table would hold, and the larger size offered no great advantage over the 17".

Every dime I put into Incra has come back many times over, in precise work, time saved and frustration-less projects. As I understand your situation, you are doing the work for yourself, and that is reason enough to get Incra. We get into the woodworking end of things to find personal fulfillment and own better quality homes, having made it ourselves, and put more into the product than we could buy. I think I have mentioned before -- look at the finished cost of having a contractor do the job, then assign a portion of the budget to the new tools to perform the work. I have acquired some very nice tools that way and still saved money. Plus -- in time you will not need to keep adding tools, the router table was paid for many time over, and still here for more work ahead.

Phillip
Forum Administrator

Phil - might want to check out the supplier I listed above. For the bare LS32 positioner arm (all you need for the SSRK Burt shows) is $192 and $248 from the supplier you list. (Just looking to save the EZ-guys/gals some $)

Mike