The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Router Guide Systems

Old 10-30-2013, 04:37 PM

Carbide Processors are a great source and I've used them quite a bit after getting hooked over at the creek.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM

Default Yes I know them

Yes I know who they are. I bought from them a couple of times. They were fine to buy from, though I would not buy again.

I have some personal issues with the way they operate -- I will leave it at that. You can buy through whom ever you wish, but I will not buy through them.

Phillip
Forum Administrator
Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblu View Post
Burt, I notice that, on sale at least, there is not much difference in price between the longer and shorter positioners. Is there a reason you chose the shorter one?

Incra has a lot of stuff on sale, including these. I'm on their email list, so get to see all the cool stuff they have. Just window shopping, though I did buy some of their $2 lexan scales (right to left versions) and own some t-track plus .
Katie,

I bought a pair of the 12". Reason: The way I planned to use them, I thought that 12" would be long enough. I plan to use these for a little while and see how they work. If it looks like a longer one would be better, I'll upgrade. From my starting point there was no guarantee the positioners would work at all.

The second one is going to be used to create a fence for a EZ One. It is basically built but moving the shop is slowing things down.

Burt
Old 10-30-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Katie,

I bought a pair of the 12". Reason: The way I planned to use them, I thought that 12" would be long enough. I plan to use these for a little while and see how they work. If it looks like a longer one would be better, I'll upgrade. From my starting point there was no guarantee the positioners would work at all.

The second one is going to be used to create a fence for a EZ One. It is basically built but moving the shop is slowing things down.

Burt
Burt, thanks for the info. I don't find any 12" inch versions, they seem to start at 17". Am I looking at the wrong item? Here's the positioner from their website. http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...NLY_p/ls17.htm

Perhaps they have discontinued the shorter versions.

It will be fun to see how you use it for the EZ One fence if you plan to post the results.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblu View Post
Burt, thanks for the info. I don't find any 12" inch versions, they seem to start at 17". Am I looking at the wrong item? Here's the positioner from their website. http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCR...NLY_p/ls17.htm

Perhaps they have discontinued the shorter versions.

It will be fun to see how you use it for the EZ One fence if you plan to post the results.
Amazon shows the "Ultralite" to not be in stock. The Incra link and a search under "positioner" also shows the "Ultralite" to be out of stock.

Burt
Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Yes I know who they are. I bought from them a couple of times. They were fine to buy from, though I would not buy again.

I have some personal issues with the way they operate -- I will leave it at that. You can buy through whom ever you wish, but I will not buy through them.

Phillip
Forum Administrator
? ?

No response may have been more informative (I'm not very clairvoyant).

Mike
Old 11-01-2013, 12:37 AM

Default Can't access link

When I click on Burt's link I get the following error

500 Internal Server Error
Unable to process request

What am I doing wrong?

Please help...

Rob
Old 01-19-2015, 04:47 PM

Default SSRK + Incra Positioner (part deux)

I've been meaning to put my LS Positioner to work with the SSRK for a while now and finally found some time. I want to credit Burt for the initial idea and photo's, they helped a lot.

Since I had an extra saw base, I thought the simplest thing was to just mount the Incra base to a piece of 1/2" ply and then mount the ply to the base. That way, I can reuse the base by just removing the four mounting screws. Adapted the router side to the positioner mounting plate using 1/2" UHMW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	6604  
Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John21042 View Post
I've been meaning to put my LS Positioner to work with the SSRK for a while now and finally found some time. I want to credit Burt for the initial idea and photo's, they helped a lot.

Since I had an extra saw base, I thought the simplest thing was to just mount the Incra base to a piece of 1/2" ply and then mount the ply to the base. That way, I can reuse the base by just removing the four mounting screws. Adapted the router side to the positioner mounting plate using 1/2" UHMW.
Wow, John, what a great use of an extra base! Love it!!! My problem with the ssrk is that when I use the dust collection with my router I cannot see to position it very well and it's a fair amount of fiddling to get it right. I did find the positioner Burt mentioned on ebay for a very good price a while back. It's a discontinued model, and so not in high demand like the newer ones. I have yet to use it, but this will get me going. I've always thought the SSRK could have precision comparable to a router table and this would make it so.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS1948 View Post
When I click on Burt's link I get the following error

500 Internal Server Error
Unable to process request

What am I doing wrong?

Please help...

Rob
Rob, I just tried it and it worked for me. So it's still an active link, if that helps.

I just looked again and seem to be logged in via my gmail account, if that might be the problem.

Last edited by Goblu; 01-19-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: add more info