The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Old 05-24-2019, 09:33 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfoster View Post
Just seems this site is down way more than any other site I visit.
Larry,
Maybe is best to preserve it and be safe.
Any ideas?
Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 PM

I'm a little rusty on my web skills, Dino.
I've made a few sites in days gone by but have lost touch with much of that skill.

Safety and preservation are important, I agree.
But being down as often as this site is kills it.

I don't know if you have a web guy or if you rely on your hosting company.

Vbulletin is a quality forum and they may be able to help.
You're paying for it.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Wow, it happened again, never known a site to come and go like this. This last time I was 100% sure it was dead for good.
I have to say that this recurring pattern can't be good for EZ. This forum is their only access to the outside world. You have to wonder how many people have tried going to this forum see that it's down or gone or whatever and figure so is EZ. Well, welcome back or whatever.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Wow, it happened again, never known a site to come and go like this. This last time I was 100% sure it was dead for good.
I have to say that this recurring pattern can't be good for EZ. This forum is their only access to the outside world. You have to wonder how many people have tried going to this forum see that it's down or gone or whatever and figure so is EZ. Well, welcome back or whatever.
tx Sean.
Hosting and Security issues.
Godaddy was very helpful and is all clear now.

We are working to save the valuable info here and I hope to
revive it with a whole new line of tools and ways.

Soon we will have an open talk about the EZ future.
I will ask for support in many areas to finish what so many people
contribute so far.
Many unfinished areas and another push is badly needed.
This time we will start from ZERO
with a new tape scale that all people can read...easily.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:57 PM

Man, you keep saying the same thing and then no action. Is there any credibility left?
Who needs a new scale? Not on my list of priorities, lots out there that work fine. You want to do something do an accurate scale on the UEG with an adjustable zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
tx Sean.
Hosting and Security issues.
Godaddy was very helpful and is all clear now.

We are working to save the valuable info here and I hope to
revive it with a whole new line of tools and ways.

Soon we will have an open talk about the EZ future.
I will ask for support in many areas to finish what so many people
contribute so far.
Many unfinished areas and another push is badly needed.
This time we will start from ZERO
with a new tape scale that all people can read...easily.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:59 AM

I don't think everything has to be taken back to starting from scratch. There just needs to be some modifications of current offerings to make them competitive in the current market. What is needed first is to get beyond mere talk and start putting things into action. If the current partners are unwilling to develop products then they need to sell off Eurekazone to someone who will. It is frustrating to see them sitting on their hands and losing opportunities and customers.

Here are some thinks that need work:
1. A new smart base that allows for any saw to be connected without drilling. There could be a base that is designed for the current euro track profile and one for the Eurekazone profile. A new design would also need to allow for better beveling
2. A new bridge with a narrow footprint so the arms do not get in the way during bevel cuts. Yes I know that the saw could be placed in front of the arms before cutting but that isn't the point. A new design would be able to overcome the distracted worker who forgets where the arm is.
3. Updated UEG with better adjustability and a reliable scale (as Sean mentioned)
4. An improved square with protractor to set accurate angles and an ability to keep those angles secure
5. More accessories and drop-in modules for the EZ-One

Additional products could be developed that are outside the current offerings
1. The EZ-Horse concept (Dino knows what I am talking about)
2. Additional products that cater to the after-market crowd designed to work with other brands -- think Fast Cap or Woodpeckers

I hate to see these missed opportunities. What are the current owners (not including Dino) doing and why don't we ever hear from them -- the only postings on FB are related to sales? What is their vision? Do they have any?

Joe

Last edited by whitejacket; 09-05-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:40 PM

All great ideas and badly needed. But they've been talked about on this forum for years with no action. So the assumption has to be that EZ is not interested.
I think there was a time when EZ had a future but that was about 5 years ago, everyone has moved on.
I'm interested by your post, I get the feeling that Dino isn't in charge of EZ. So when he posts is he representing EZ? When he talks about new tools are these with EZ and are the mysterious new owners on board? Or is this Dino solo and if so how would tools get made? My assumption had always been that Dino was EZ, if not it adds a whole new skepticism about EZ's future. Or, I should say that anything will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
I don't think everything has to be taken back to starting from scratch. There just needs to be some modifications of current offerings to make them competitive in the current market. What is needed first is to get beyond mere talk and start putting things into action. If the current owners are unwilling to develop products then they need to sell off Eurekazone to someone who will. It is frustrating to see them sitting on their hands and losing opportunities and customers.

Here are some thinks that need work:
1. A new smart base that allows for any saw to be connected without drilling. There could be a base that is designed for the current euro track profile and one for the Eurekazone profile. A new design would also need to allow for better beveling
2. A new bridge with a narrow footprint so the arms do not get in the way during bevel cuts. Yes I know that the saw could be placed in front of the arms before cutting but that isn't the point. A new design would be able to overcome the distracted worker who forgets where the arm is.
3. Updated UEG with better adjustability and a reliable scale (as Sean mentioned)
4. An improved square with protractor to set accurate angles and an ability to keep those angles secure
5. More accessories and drop-in modules for the EZ-One

Additional products could be developed that are outside the current offerings
1. The EZ-Horse concept (Dino knows what I am talking about)
2. Additional products that cater to the after-market crowd designed to work with other brands -- think Fast Cap or Woodpeckers

I hate to see these missed opportunities. What are the current owners (not including Dino) doing and why don't we ever hear from them -- the only postings on FB are related to sales? What is their vision? Do they have any?

Joe
Old 09-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Master Carpenter

Hi Sean.
EZ LLC is a partnership.

thx

Last edited by Dino; 09-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:14 PM

I read your post before you edited it. From that it sounds like the assumptions I made in my last post were correct. Also guessing that Whitejacket is correct, the controlling partners aren't interesting in doing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hi Sean.
EZ LLC is a partnership.

thx
Old 09-11-2019, 09:15 AM

Glad to see you're back.

Like others, I thought it was a goner.

It seems like Dino has to fight with one hand tied behind his back.

To me, Dino's creative genius isn't questioned.
But his support must be non-existent.

The frequency of the forum down times really affect EZ's credibility and, possibly, it's viability.

One last thing.
Having built several dozen sites years ago, good practice says never have your domain name registrar be the same as your hosting.

The other last thing is, from personal experience, never use GoDaddy