The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Old 03-16-2016, 10:49 PM

Default Acronyms tough to keep it all straight

Now I know, that I am probably known on this site as somewhat of a complainer. Well, I have been using this system for about a year and I have to say it is not as easy to change my way of doing things than I thought.
Before you all say you have to "buy into the system". I get it, I have bought into the system and I believe in it. But, whenever I get on this forum or the company website and try to read past post it takes me forever to figure out the damn acronyms. SSRK, SRK, PBB, Bridge, repeater, cabinetmaker, UEG, etc. I wish either on this site or the company site they have a header tab that says "Acronyms to help you figure stuff out". This is not a user friendly product line to figure out. Laney's video's are the best. When he uses an acronym he says the translation in the next sentence. SSRK, Super Smart Router Kit.
I had a nice chat with Laney at the Woodworking show here in St. Paul a few weeks back. He was demonstrating a CNC machine and I felt inappropriate to talk about EZSmart with him at that time.
So, I am not hammering on the site administrator or bitching that the company is unresponsive. It is just an observation after a year of use. Period.
Marty
Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 PM

This has not been kept up to date, but might help.

https://sites.google.com/site/ezsmar.../Home/glossary

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 03-16-2016, 11:11 PM

Thanks Dik I have bookmarked the link to my desktop.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:55 PM

Default Point well made

Marty:
You make your point well and it had been addressed at one time as Dik has so helpfully pointed out. Thank you for reminding me. I had the same issue at the start of my involvement with EurekaZone. Your assessment is correct and we are at the point of making some alterations and improvements to the forum. I am thinking that a downloadable pdf of terms and pictures of the EZ systems would be very helpful. Many a time, some members tried to create full documentation, when a simple guide to parts, acronyms and abbreviations would have been sufficient. I will see to it that we place the desired solution at the top of our "To Do" list. Perhaps I can encourage the EZ marketing department to help with photos and text? I will ask.

Thank you for your input; really there is no excuse for not having that list other than the sin of procrastination. Mea culpa!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:05 PM

IMHO, UR right. BTW, LOL