The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > Applications > Cabinet Making

Old 07-30-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Continuing on my original 32 mm placement jig idea ...

It seems like it would be pretty easy to get repeatable placement of side panels on the EZ ONE at least (see attached PDF).

Ken
Nice work. Just one comment - don't you need a second stop to prevent the carriage from "walking" off the line of holes? You have the two outer stops which locate the router over the line where you want the holes, but would it not be necessary to have a second stop to lock the carriage in the X axis? This second stop would be moved when the carriage is moved to the second location and then used to lock it there.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:56 AM

When plunge routing a row of holes the Traveler Bridge should be locked so the SSRK Rail can't slide left-right. The limit stops on the SSRK are there so that the rows are in the exact same place each time you insert new material, and the sliding rail stops are there so the material is placed in the exact same position.

To be safe I wonder if it would be best to flip the two sides top to bottom to ensure that the distance from the siding rail stops to each set of vertical holes is identical.

The only concern I have at this point is making sure that the holes are the exact same distance from the "bottom" of each side of material. If I didn't flip the material that would be easy, but then the distance of each set of vertical holes to the nearest edge could vary.