The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2018, 06:42 AM

Default My videos

Some of my videos will no longer be available to view. Some vultures have started laying claim to the copyright of the music on some of may videos, and have actually won some of those claims, so rather than allow them to gain from their evil ways, I am making them unavailable.

This is a long story, so you can stop now if you don't care. Youtube allows copyright holders to claim a violation of a copyright and if their claim is upheld, they take monies that ads on said videos earn.

There are vultures that lay claim to supposed violations (sometimes based of just a few seconds of audio) on the part of supposed "clients" copyrights. In the past when I could actually make a little off of the ads on those videos, all the claims were denied (all of my music is generated by Sony Cinescore Studio, and therefore covered by their license).

Now that I can no longer earn (since I don't have enough views, another whole story) from the ads, there has been a huge resurgence of claims, a few of which have been judged valid. I refuse to let them gain from this, so I take those out of public viewing status. If I have the time, I'll remove the audio and make them public again.

I hate to do this, but I will not aid and abet such crooks.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models