The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Old 01-19-2017, 10:55 AM

Default Medium Moduni "play"?

Hi All,

I just received a new medium Moduni base to use with a Makita 5104 (which I don't have YET).

When I placed the base on the guide rail, I immediately noticed that one end of the base fit the guide rail snugly and the other end had 1/8" of play in it. I would imagine that the play will be transferred to my workpiece when I start using it. The base comes screwed together with no apparent way to adjust the play on the guiderail unless I am missing something.

Does anyone have a new Moduni base that can comment on the play encountered while sitting on the guide rail? I have emailed EZ, complete with a video and am waiting for a response.

thanks
Jim
Old 01-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Hi All,

I just received a new medium Moduni base to use with a Makita 5104 (which I don't have YET).

When I placed the base on the guide rail, I immediately noticed that one end of the base fit the guide rail snugly and the other end had 1/8" of play in it. I would imagine that the play will be transferred to my workpiece when I start using it. The base comes screwed together with no apparent way to adjust the play on the guiderail unless I am missing something.

Does anyone have a new Moduni base that can comment on the play encountered while sitting on the guide rail? I have emailed EZ, complete with a video and am waiting for a response.

thanks
Jim
Jim,
Before doing anything with the base...use a caliper or a spacer to make sure that the base is the problem. You can always unscrew the small piece ( strip) and re-screw it again. Holes on the plastic are self healing with some heat.

You don't have to do that if you don't want.
We can always send you another base.

thanks