The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM

Default saving threads

is there a way to file threads under my account there are some with awesome web links i want to save
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM

You can always bookmark them in your browser.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM

Dik,
Although this may make me look foolish but i have absolutely no idea what that means. These computers are my arch enemy. Thank you for the response i will look into what you said.

will
Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 AM

Will,

What browser do you use? I can walk you through the bookmarking/favorite process, it is easy.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Dik,
Although this may make me look foolish but i have absolutely no idea what that means. These computers are my arch enemy. Thank you for the response i will look into what you said.

will
Will:
I find that just about any question I have regarding using the internet and/or a specific software program can be answered simply by going to www.google.com
Type in your question, i.e. "how do I bookmark a website page" and numerous results will magically appear on your screen. Simply click on one of the "solutions" and you will be walked through each step needed to resolve the issue. Mark
Old 07-09-2013, 12:15 AM

Default Saving a Post

I use a word document to save important links to key posts.

Ex: If you like a post, click on the address in the top left address box. By clicking your cursor in the box it highlights it. Then with a copy command, copy the link and paste it to a word document, putting some description above or below it.

3 ways to copy a link into the clipboard or memory>
1) Ctrl-C (Press down the Control and C keys together)
2) Depress the Right Key on your mouse and select copy.
3) Press the Copy Command icon in the upper left tool bar.

Next move to your Word Document and Paste the link. Navigate your cursor or arrow to the spot where you wish to paste the link.
3 ways to Paste link into your Word Document>
1) Ctrl-V (Press down the Control and V keys together)
2) Depress the Right Key on your mouse and select Paste.
3) Press the Paste Command icon in the upper left tool bar.

For posts that I want to save on my computer. I copy the text and pictures of the post into a Word Document and save the document into my EZ Folder on my computer. Before I start, I open a New Word Document, Ctrl-N does it. Navigate back to the Tracksawforum and highlight the text I wish to copy. I start by adding a title on line one then copy the web link onto line two. I also like to copy the date of post so from the date I place my cursor, then holding down the Shift Key I arrow down to select the text I wish to copy. When the area of the post is selected I copy it by one of the 3 methods mentioned above. Switch to the Word Document and Paste the copied post by one of the 3 methods above. If I want to copy any of the photos in the post, I open up the pictures by double clicking on them, click again to enlarge the pic and copy the picture to the clipboard, switch to Word and paste the pic into the Word Document. Switch back to forum and "back arrow" out of the large picture and go to the next pic and repeat the process. Once all your copying is done to the Word Document, save it by pulling down the File Menu (Put Cursor on the File tab, or Alt-F and navigate to Save-As). Select the sub-folder containing your EZ files then name the file and save it.

I do this to prevent a Post I want to reference from being deleted.. for whatever reason. My favorite authors are Burt, Dik, BumpnStump, MIke G and others.

I hope the above helps.

Rob

Last edited by RJS1948; 07-09-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM

I'm lazy. I "print to file" and select PDF as my file type.

Another tip for the bookmark crowd: if you use multiple computers and/or multiple browsers, use an extension called "Xmarks". It lets you synchronize your bookmarks. It's also a very easy way to move your saved bookmarks to a new computer too. It supports all popular browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. I've used the free version for years and I consider it a must-have for any browser that I use. Now if I bookmark something on my work computer, it's added to my home computer when I next use it.

"Don't sweat the petty things,
and don't pet the sweaty things!"
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 AM

Or you can always use Evernotes