The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Old 02-02-2014, 03:23 PM

I too have purchased fluted dowel pins from McFeelys. Whenever you choose where to purchase from, I'd highly recommend buying in quantities of 1,000. The price isn't much more than for 100 and you may find your projects using far more than you anticipate. I bought 100 each of 4 sizes and used all the 3/8x1-1/2 in a single project, ending up using some 1/4" to finish (luckily the smaller dowels were only needed for some trim).
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 AM

Like it Dik and close to home also.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:36 AM

Thanks for all the resources for dowel pins! I got the jessem doweling jig and it's great. I've used it for drilling 1/4" holes so far. A good way for nice clean, spaced holes. Quick! Of course, you are limited to sizes.

I tried to find dowels on McFeely's website and had a devil of a time. Finally got to the info with "dowel pin" (singular). When I looked for dowels, I got zillions of dowel rods and dowel pins (plural) gave me too few results. So if you are looking for them there this may help. Their pricing is good. I haven't ordered yet. But thanks for the tip on ordering the larger quantity.

Pet peeve: I really hate websites where you cannot find a product you know they have. The new Rockler website is terrible. I can't figure out why they changed it. Can't find stuff I know they had and lots of other features are missing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It has cut down on my ordering from Rockler quite a bit. Just not worth the trouble. A search on Amazon may turn up the Rockler product more easily.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Agree about rockler.

Tags
doweling