The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > RipSizer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 277
Default Dedicated saw for UEG

Now that I have the nice Makita EZ Ready saw (came with the lightly used EZ-1 purchased a while back), I've decided to dedicate my original Hitachi EZ Ready saw to use with the UEG. I'll have to remove the old style black base and mount it on the current gray base. Looks doable per the video.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2016, 10:35 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,235
Default

I think I'm correct in remembering that the Hitachi won't quite cut 2x stock on a track where the Makita will. So between the 2 it does seem to make sense to pick the Hitachi for the UEG. Now both will cut 2x stock.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2016, 10:41 PM
kenk kenk is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 277
Default

That was exactly my thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Mike Goetzke Mike Goetzke is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Now that I have the nice Makita EZ Ready saw (came with the lightly used EZ-1 purchased a while back), I've decided to dedicate my original Hitachi EZ Ready saw to use with the UEG. I'll have to remove the old style black base and mount it on the current gray base. Looks doable per the video.
Sounds like a good idea - I dedicated my Makita 6-1/2" 18V LXT saw to the UEG. I can even bring this to the big box stores to break down 4x8 stock.

I didn't have much use for this saw until I married it with the UEG.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Dik Harrison Dik Harrison is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 1,601
Default

My 5008MGA is dedicated to my UEG.
__________________
Have fun...

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2016, 10:49 PM
mrstop mrstop is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
I think I'm correct in remembering that the Hitachi won't quite cut 2x stock on a track where the Makita will. So between the 2 it does seem to make sense to pick the Hitachi for the UEG. Now both will cut 2x stock.
Swap out the Hitachi blade to a 7.5" and you can get full 2x cuts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2016, 07:15 PM
m2akita m2akita is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 6
Default

Where do you find 7-1/2" blades? Special order?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-07-2016, 08:12 PM
mrstop mrstop is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2akita View Post
Where do you find 7-1/2" blades? Special order?
I'm using a Makita A-90629 7-1/2-Inch 40 Tooth Carbide Tipped Wood Saw Blade. You need to run it "backwards." I have been pretty pleased with the quality and cut of the blade. Note that I'm running this on a Hitachi saw. I'm not sure if other saws have enough clearance.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstop View Post
I'm using a Makita A-90629 7-1/2-Inch 40 Tooth Carbide Tipped Wood Saw Blade. You need to run it "backwards." I have been pretty pleased with the quality and cut of the blade. Note that I'm running this on a Hitachi saw. I'm not sure if other saws have enough clearance.
Why do you need to run it "backwards"? That would give an awful cut!


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Why do you need to run it "backwards"? That would give an awful cut!


Burt
Burt. I think ... inside -out ( the label.)
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.