The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Terrell View Post
I can understand that to a degree, but it would seem that the powers that be would at least acknowledge that a member of the forum, who cares about the
product line, had taken the time to try and give them a heads up. I had provided links to all the products, sent them to both Dino and Customer service, and still, even requesting to be kept informed, never was contacted. Don't get me wrong, I use the EZ products nearly everyday and am always trying to spread the DEADWOOD concept to all the woodworkers I know. I hope EZ continues to grow and provide new products!
Hi Wendell.
WE do care and always thanking our ez guys.
The flu and a broken knee can keep you away from the forum and life....

Thanks again for all your support.
We are thinking how to deal with all copy-cats and I posted here one solution.
we keep ez and make it better while another division or ez company deals by making copies from copies much better and at lower prices.
We already started the dies and molds for a nice competition.
at the end all customers will be benefited with all tracksaws at 25% off.
direct from another ez company.
how is that for combating the thiefs?

thanks
dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:20 PM
sean9c sean9c is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

Has anyone in the US actually seen the Chinese knockoffs? I sort of doubt that anyone is buying them.
How about instead of worrying about knockoffs just continue to innovate, have the best product and build customer loyalty. When was the last time EZ came out with a new tool? Or refined features of the existing tools? I doubt if there are a lot of Festool users buying knockoffs just to save a buck. Their tools work well and the users are proud to own them. Ya, they drank the green koolaid, that's loyalty.
The base for the knockoff UEG on that Ebay page looked better thought out than the EZ one. Designed to square to one rail, adjustable cutline indicator, clamps to lock your saw to the base. You want to stay ahead of the knockoffs, be better than they are.
Why would you want to compete with knockoffs? Lower your quality to make cheap tools to sell to bottom feeders that don't care about quality. Doesn't sound like a winner to me.
Me, I want to buy the bitchin' tool that's well engineered, looks good, feels good in your hands and works well. Price is not the prime motivator.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Price is not the prime motivator.
sean,
You have to do both.
not many customers are like you and the ez guys.

Ez has developed at least 50 new tools.
Tools that will turn the tracksaws and more tools upside down.
But this time we will not make tools for others to copy.
just about all tracksaw companies use ez as their development dept.
due to stupid patent laws.
The good news is that the PTO is starting to protect US IP better now.
The only thing that is holding ez from releasing many new tools is the continues work for backwards comparability.
After all, many ez customers had spend 3-4 and even 5K.
WE will not let them down by force them to buy everything again.
Yes, This is a hold-back but is bone for the benefits of all ez customers.

If you read my post : while making ez better we will start a copy2copy line's.

A simple strategy. I think is going to pay very well.
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2018, 03:03 PM
sean9c sean9c is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but I've heard this so many times before, from EZ, that now it's just words. There's no action.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
sean,
You have to do both.
not many customers are like you and the ez guys.

Ez has developed at least 50 new tools.
Tools that will turn the tracksaws and more tools upside down.
But this time we will not make tools for others to copy.
just about all tracksaw companies use ez as their development dept.
due to stupid patent laws.
The good news is that the PTO is starting to protect US IP better now.
The only thing that is holding ez from releasing many new tools is the continues work for backwards comparability.
After all, many ez customers had spend 3-4 and even 5K.
WE will not let them down by force them to buy everything again.
Yes, This is a hold-back but is bone for the benefits of all ez customers.

If you read my post : while making ez better we will start a copy2copy line's.

A simple strategy. I think is going to pay very well.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,099
Default

Sean, I know that things look the way you see it.
You know about the new patent laws, first to apply and no room for copycats.

we spend millions to see our work stolen by others...due to holes in the system,
A new idea takes 10-15 years to be accepted by the market...
by that time you have no protection. Big companies and others know that and they can afford to wait for the market to be ready and for you to have no time left to react. Some they go around by ignoring your #1 main claim
and the law allows them copy the other 30-40 depended claims.
I don't think is fair and the new laws is in our favor this time.
I don't want to get political and support one party over the other but I
support the new tarrifs in aluminum. They use to dump all their garbage here
and the small and big factories had to compete very unfair with others.

i'm lucky that I don't show everything and make only what I think needed to have a complete system.
I can easily make few first time tools and innovations but only after we have full protection this time that will be supported by PTO.

thanks
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-06-2018, 08:44 PM
mrstop mrstop is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
The base for the knockoff UEG on that Ebay page looked better thought out than the EZ one. Designed to square to one rail, adjustable cutline indicator, clamps to lock your saw to the base. You want to stay ahead of the knockoffs, be better than they are.

Me, I want to buy the bitchin' tool that's well engineered, looks good, feels good in your hands and works well. Price is not the prime motivator.
I couldn't agree more Sean. The "knockoffs" actually look really good and finished compared to the EZ products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
hi guys.
The best thing to do is keep inventing better tools and
use the first round of copy-cats as an intent to copy all your ideas and sue for few time more the damages...

I'm starting a new company while making ez better.
With many new inventions and products for the broader market and not only woodworking. Ez is receiving a huge upgrade in function, ease and capabilities.

About the new company.... Plenty of room for partners in all faces.
over 50 new tools- concepts tested and under development.
the EZ Pyramid is an example.


ezsmart@gmail.com
always available for the members.

thanks.
Dino, I know you're full of ideas and I think it is great to keep innovating. I long ago bought into the system and love the Deadwood concept. That said, I really would like to see the system evolve to be much more finished, user friendly and addressing some of the common issues.

I, as I'm sure others, would love to hear how your company has evolved. I thought you had partnered with another team/company. Has that changed?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Absinthe Absinthe is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 268
Default

This is why I asked about the patent status. If it is not in patent violation, then perhaps it may be worth buying some.

I don't understand that on one hand you are saying "keep inventing new things" but on the other you suggest that we are not seeing new things because that gives the knock off people more things to copy?

It would be great if there were two or even more manufacturers using the same profile guide rail. Then there would be an opening for third parties to produce yet more innovations and accessories for a bigger audience. Of course, that takes the monopoly away... I guess there is a benefit to having a monopoly.... though not to the consumer, just the supplier.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-07-2018, 12:54 PM
sean9c sean9c is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

If you're looking for third party or non OE manufacturers making accessories all you have to do is look at Festool. There is a whole industry of of people making accessories. There are enough users to make that viable. Makita uses the same track profile as Festool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
This is why I asked about the patent status. If it is not in patent violation, then perhaps it may be worth buying some.

I don't understand that on one hand you are saying "keep inventing new things" but on the other you suggest that we are not seeing new things because that gives the knock off people more things to copy?

It would be great if there were two or even more manufacturers using the same profile guide rail. Then there would be an opening for third parties to produce yet more innovations and accessories for a bigger audience. Of course, that takes the monopoly away... I guess there is a benefit to having a monopoly.... though not to the consumer, just the supplier.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Absinthe Absinthe is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 268
Default

Right, and that doesn't hurt Festool, it helps them. Even if they don't get to earn on everything sold or used on their track.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM
sean9c sean9c is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,243
Default

I agree, it definitely helps Festool. I'm sure they're are users that buy into the system because of the aftermarket. A lot of good ideas and quicker to the market than the original manufacturer could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
Right, and that doesn't hurt Festool, it helps them. Even if they don't get to earn on everything sold or used on their track.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.