The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 07-09-2018, 09:52 PM

I always made sure that whatever I had purchased worked just fine on its own - in case items got changed or disappeared. I even bought enough extra base inserts and anti-chip edges - what I consider "wear" items - to last me.

I'm a bit more than bewildered about the track saw system pictures that include what I consider jig clamps (fastens to a surface with four screws) rather than Smart Clamps. How is that going to work? What do they fasten to?

I haven't given up on EurekaZone, but the recent changes are indeed odd. I hope great things happen.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
I'm a bit more than bewildered about the track saw system pictures that include what I consider jig clamps (fastens to a surface with four screws) rather than Smart Clamps. How is that going to work? What do they fasten to?
You and me both! A couple of weeks ago, I needed to order a 3ft piece of track and went to the track saw system page by mistake and looked at the pics and had a wtf moment. I was confused by those bench clamps.

I did get my order in a timely manner but did discover that the new track and ACE are different from my older track and ACE that I have from a few years back.

Last edited by Sven; 07-09-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM

I looked at the web site, and the "What's Included" tab shows the old "Smart Clamps" as being included with the track combo, even though the photos show the toggle clamps - I was looking to see if there were any photos showing the toggle clamps "in use" but couldn't find any.

The hold down clamps sold for use with t-tracks work very well with the track saw rails, here are a couple photos showing them in use. My original tracks were/are another brand, bought before I'd even heard of EZ, and are actually the only tracks for which I have the connectors for - needed to join two sections when cutting the length of a door to fit to a narrower opening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3204.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	7401

Name:	IMG_3209.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	7402

The last two photos show the method used to cut a narrow tapered strip that I needed to finish up a door jamb (long story) - the piece clamped under the track is the part that was used, I think that these clamps would also work with much narrower parts too.

Name:	IMG_3284.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	7403

Name:	IMG_3286.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	7404
Old 07-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Sure agree with Phil about EZ's response. Sounds like one you'd get from a large faceless uncaring company.
Wasn't the EZ clamp tooling lost by the manufacturer or some story like that? If so I doubt if demand would ever justify cost of replacing. Too bad, those clamps worked well.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:48 PM

I am not sure what is going on with Eurekazone, but they are definitely not answering the phone or returning emails or phone calls. I ordered 2 sets of Smart Pyramid Kits on June 13th and have still not received them. According to the tracking, the order was shipped twice but on both occasions the orders were sent back to Eurekazone due to insufficient paper work. I did get an email returned on July 2nd stating the matter would be resolved but have not received a shipment or any additional correspondence advising when I will receive these items. I have been a loyal customer of Eurekazone for 15 years and probably have most of their tools. Never have I seen customer service so poor. When Dino ran the show you could call anytime and he would answer and solve your problem. I do not expect this service but I do expect somebody to answer the phone during business hours or within 24 hours return your phone call or email. If things continue with this poor customer service, there will be no Eurekazone. If new customers are trying to decide between different track saw systems, they will not pick Eurekazone if they can not get answers. Eurekazone were quick to take my money but I still have nothing in hand. Thank you for listening to my rant...
Old 07-12-2018, 09:42 PM

What a shame Todd. Hope you get this worked out. My order that I placed 3 weeks ago was smooth going . It shipped quickly and arrived in a few days. I even got a pen with my order. It reads:

EZSMART TOOLS
SMART TOOLS FOR SMART PEOPLE
EUREKAZONE.COM

I hope Dinos health is okay. I haven't been on this forum for a while. A couple of weeks ago I came back to start this thread because of the frustration with customer service. I really hope they get things sorted and quickly.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM

My attempts to reach Eurekazone continue to fail. They do not answer their phone and they will not respond to phone messages or emails. It has become extremely frustrating. Has anybody been intouch with Eurekazone or have they received orders. It seems like they are not open for business. I still have not received my order from June 13th. Not acceptable!
Old 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM

I ordered a new saw base and 4ft of double track. It took a few attempts to get a call answered but did not receive a call back. Finally, got it done via web site and received my order promptly. So, it worked out but CS is really lacking right now. I wonder if they realize how quickly this erodes customer confidence.

With such an innovative product and philosophy, success depends on communication and training. It's time to renew their efforts on both fronts or watch the company dwindle.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:36 PM

I agree that if something does not change, the business will suffer. They will have a hard time getting new customers and they will lose old ones. I have been a customer for about 15 years, but things have changed.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 PM

I recently placed an order through the web site and it arrived in a timely manner...but I did not speak with anyone.

When I called in mid June and asked to speak to the mgr that I usually speak to, I was informed that he was no longer with the company. I don't know whose choice it was that he is no longer with the company.

With key personnel being eliminated for whatever reason, unanswered phone calls and emails, along with Dino's vanishing, it gives me great pause. It does not look good.

Something better change quickly or they aint gonna make it. NO company can make it for long with absent customer service. Only the govt can get away with that....

Jim