The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Display Case

Old 06-07-2016, 11:24 PM

Default EZ finesse

Needed to trim a bit of floor underlayment plywood back to the center of the floor joist; wanted to do it w/EZ track to keep it straight. Simple enough task, except I had nothing on which I could lay the track (see pic 1) since the main floor was open to the ground underneath.

After screwing in two temp supports on the top of the joists, I could then lay the EZ track across them. I secured them in place by using my mini-repeaters in the side slot of the track: located the mini-repeaters over the temp supports and screwed them down after positioning the track correctly. (pic 2)

The room, tho, was longer than the track. So, after loosening the screws that held the mini-repeaters to the EZ track, I slid the track down to enable me to finish the cut. (Pic 3). Retighten the screws; finish the cut. Did the final clean up (where the circ. saw couldn't reach) using the Fein oscillating tool.

Looks tons better than freehanding the cut, and didn't take much more time to set up and do- I like my EZ.......
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	6889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	6890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3061.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	6891  
Old 06-08-2016, 06:54 AM

Where there is EZ there is a way.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 06-08-2016, 07:51 PM

Rick,

I for one really REALLy appreciate the effort you take the capture your EZ use and ingenuity in pictures. Its the little examples like this that a less skilled and experienced woodworker like me can relate to.

I'm not sure why but when I get involved in a project I rarely think to pull out a camera to document my progress - or lack of progress - until I'm done.

Ken K.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Rick,

I for one really REALLy appreciate the effort you take the capture your EZ use and ingenuity in pictures. Its the little examples like this that a less skilled and experienced woodworker like me can relate to.

I'm not sure why but when I get involved in a project I rarely think to pull out a camera to document my progress - or lack of progress - until I'm done.

Ken K.
Ditto! Thanks for the post and pics.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:19 AM

Thanks, guys.
After 45+ years of being in the construction trades, it still thrills me to find a way to do projects neater, quicker, w/more precision, etc. EZ has been an assist in this, so, no complaints here......
Rick